Software Engineer (Python)
Data Excellence – Data Science
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’re been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving and we’re now launching a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
You will be working in a small, agile and adaptable cross-functional team, to develop in-house data-driven solutions in Python and deploy them into production. You are expected to interact with data scientists, product managers, and other engineers (AWS/Kafka/C#/DevOps) on daily basis. You will have end-to-end ownership of business-critical services for machine learning models, customer insights, automated decisions and regulatory reports, from leading the architectural and design conversations, to deployment with rigorous controls and monitoring.
- You are experienced in deploying Python services in production environment.
- You are passionate about making real-life impact with data and technology
- You are capable of leading a software project following the best practices of SDLC
- You enjoy working with people from different technical background, and capable of communicating technical terms with stakeholders.
- You feel comfortable in a fast-moving environment and are ambitious about the speed and quality of your code.
- You can understand high-level concepts of machine learning and interested in learning more.
You have experience in many of the following technologies:
- PyData stack (Pandas, Numpy, Scipy…)
- Common machine learning packages (Scikit-learn, Keras, Tensorflow)
- Microservices architecture
- ETL in data lake and data warehouse
- Message-queues (Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Data Modelling
- CI/CD pipeline (Jenkins, concourse)
- Amazon Web Services
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.