Collections & Recoveries Administrator - 1 Year FTC
Operations 2020 – Collections & Recoveries
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’re been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving and we’re now launching a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
The collections and Recoveries team are a specialised team within Zopa's highly recommended customer services, dealing with borrowers in arrears and looking to find suitable solutions to remedy their accounts.
We’re looking for a Collections & Recoveries Administrator for a Fixed Term Contract. As a Collections Administrator you will provide administrative back office support to the Collections Team by ensuring all written and email communications are responded to appropriately within Zopa procedures and legislative requirements.
A day in the life:
- Ensuring all written correspondence received is logged and responded to within internal SLA’s ensuring time sensitive documents are responded to in a timely fashion.
- Liaising with Debt Management companies and Insolvency practices by email and telephone on a case by case basis.
- Responding to borrower and third party emailed queries properly to avoid repeat questions.
- Sending out and reviewing of Income and Expenditure schedules, checking offers made against published trigger figures and accepting or challenging offers based on outcome.
- Setting arrangements based on offers relating to borrower’s financial difficulties ensuring correct payment dates and amounts input and paying party fully understands their commitment.
- Ideally you will have administration experience in Collections or a similar Credit Control role
- Previous experience working in a customer focused environment, with financial experience preferable
- Excellent grammatical and written communication skills
- You are punctual and flexible in adapting to changing environments based on role requirements
- You feel confident using Microsoft Office such as Outlook, Excel and Word. If you have previous experience of using Salesforce it would be useful but not essential
- You are able to work under your own initiative and suggest new and improved ways to provide best practice.
- Alongside your natural rapport-building talents, you are a fast learner with an exceptionally high attention to detail and can adapt efficiently to new concepts and systems.
- You will be a Customer Champion and understand the importance of treating customers fairly. You will hold a track record for going the extra mile in order to ensure that the customer feels valued.
- You look forward to contributing positively to the team dynamic and hitting the ground running in true Zopian style
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.