Technical Product Manager
Core Services Tribe – Product
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good Money company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
Our technical product owners work closely with developers to cover a broad range of domains at Zopa, delivering high quality features and functionality to our 500,000 customers.
You'll own the product vision and define the roadmap for how we manage a specific area of our ecosystem. This covers both understanding and defining the customer experience and journey as well as managing the development of the technology. You'll ensure we build reliable services that will enable us to always serve our customers in the best way possible.
There’s lots that can go wrong on the road to getting it right. We’re looking for someone who would relish the challenge of delving into technically complex domains, whilst protecting us from making costly mistakes.
A few examples of what we're building at the moment:
- A vast payments infrastructure to work with our existing and future products from credit cards to savings
- A fractionalisation engine for our P2P investment customers to keep track of their portfolio of loans over time and ensure that they can split their money across thousands of different borrowers to give a more consistent returns experience
- An authentication and member verification service that can be used to hold customer information centrally as well as support the specific needs of each product as customers move around our platform
- An origination pipeline that can be used for personal loans, secured auto loans and credit cards
You should apply if:
- You’re experienced in identifying business requirements and processes for complex back end systems in a product owner capacity
- You have proven experience delivering technical products in a technology driven business
- You have a reasonably technical background; you may not have been a software engineer, but you know how to work effectively with engineers and are able to gain their trust and credibility
- You're great at building formidable working partnerships with technical leads and other product managers to deliver best-in-class service
- You see challenges as interesting and are great at solving problems in a structured, organised way
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.