Data Reliability Engineer
Technology – Tech Ops
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good Money company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
You will be working with data engineers, data scientists and development engineers to bring increased scalability, reliability, flexibility and security to our cloud-based enterprise data warehouse infrastructure.
You will also design, build and automate the continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines for the big data related projects. And last but not least, you will work to develop and own the big data platform with an “infrastructure as code” approach.
Your skills and experience:
- Strong experience in scripting ideally Bash and Python or Go
- Expert knowledge of Terraform (HashiCorp tools)
- Experience with cloud implementation and automation tools including Jenkins, Docker and Kubernetes technologies
- Solid understanding of networking, security and ACLs and how to apply them to a cloud-based environment
- Cloud agnostic mentality. Exposure to cloud technologies like AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience with building monitoring tools for availability, usage & performance
- Understanding of software delivery life cycle, version control using Git and agile methodology
- Linux administration (CoreOS and Ubuntu)
Bonus points for:
- DBA experience
- Experience with big data related projects
- Strong passion for project management, execution and getting things done
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and influencing skills
- Passionate about learning open source and cutting-edge technologies