Head of Talent, Learning and Development
Operations – HR/Recruitment
At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £2 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
As Zopa grows, we need our people to grow and develop with the business. This role will be dedicated to the continued training and development of Zopians, enabling them to excel at Zopa.
Firstly and most importantly, this role will be responsible for identifying, designing and outsourcing where appropriate, all relevant training for Zopians across the organisation. Secondly, this person will have oversight of the current high performing Talent team, providing functional expertise and senior Stakeholder management.
This is an is especially exciting opportunity as this will be working with a blank slate, with the ability to create and design new programmes and training- be it compliance led training or interview skills!
On a day to day basis this person could be:
- Promoting a training culture when learning and development is vital for success
- Developing and delivering a collection of high impact in-house training courses considering immediate and long-term staff requirements.
- Produce monthly recruitment team MI for senior leadership
- Identifying training needs and gaps in the organisation in close cooperation with line managers.
- Mapping out the career roadmap for the various professions within Zopa
- Implementing new training programs and adjusting current ones
- Preparing training materials for employee and managers.
- Producing and maintaining a training calendar and promote internally.
- Tracking employee attendance of training to understand levels of engagement.
- Manging external training vendors to deliver tailored training programs.
- Researching new technologies, vendors, and methodologies in workplace learning and present findings to relevant managers as well as implementing improvements.
- Own Zopa’s training and recruitment budget.
- Promoting an open knowledge-sharing environment that builds knowledge, skills and service for the benefit of the organisation.
- Analysing the return on investment for learning and development solutions
We’d like you to have this background:
- Demonstrable record of leading a Learning & Development function and developing the strategy in line with business requirements
- Experience of working in a talent/recruitment function
- Experience working with a variety of role types and levels, from graduate to C-Suite
- Experience in setting up L&D policies and procedures to support employees across multiple locations
- A great track record of building credible relationships with all stakeholders
- Experience of training programme design and delivery
- Experience of managing 3rd party training providers
- Comfortable delivering engaging presentations/training
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.