Operations – Repayments
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good Money company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
The Collections Team are a specialised team within Zopa's highly recommended customer services, assisting with the earliest stages of borrower arrears to maximise the recovery of new arrears cases.
As a Collections agent, you will provide outstanding repayments and administrative support. You will be focusing on collection of outstanding payments in both lending and motor finance.
You will be joining a friendly, hardworking and collaborative team with the opportunity for great career development.
On a day to day basis you’ll be:
- Making outbound calls daily to discuss repayment of the borrower’s outstanding arrears
- Receiving inbound calls regarding account queries, handling disputes, taking payments and setting arrangements
- Responding to customer and third-party emails
- Administrative work dealing with correspondence from third parties such as debt management companies and borrowers
- Setting arrangements based on offers relating to borrowers financial difficulties
This is the background we'd like to see on your CV/profile:
- Previous experience working in a customer focused environment, with telephone/call centre experience is preferable
- Previous experience in Auto/Motor recovery experience
- Minimum six months previous experience within a debt recovery/collections role would be great but not essential
- Familiar with FCA regulation, data protection, and anti-money laundering principles
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Punctual and flexible in adapting to changing environments based on role requirements
- Confident using Microsoft Office such as Outlook, Excel and Word
On a personal level, these are the qualities we’d like to see:
- Excellent teammate
Watch our team video here:
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.