Head of Compliance - Peer to Peer - Flexible Part Time
Compliance – Compliance
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good Money company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
Reporting into the CEO of Zopa Limited, this role will coordinate the risk and compliance framework activities for the peer-to-peer (P2P) business. This person will be required to hold the responsibility of CF10 Compliance Oversight for Zopa Limited.
This is an exciting opportunity to take ownership of the P2P risk and compliance function as the Zopa group companies grow and develop once the new banking business is launched.
The role’s core responsibility is to report on and test the effectiveness of regulatory and operational risks in the P2P business. The role will be responsible for the second line review of the outsourced activities of the P2P business, [with the outsourced provider being Zopa Financial Services Ltd].
This is a flexible part time position.
Whatever your situation, be it a parent returning to work or semi- retired, we are confident this role will flex around any ongoing personal commitments you may have.
- Oversee a risk-based compliance programme, maintaining appropriate oversight across the business; identification, documentation and assessment of the regulatory, operational and conduct risks associated with the firm’s activities, including the development of new products, business practices and financial promotions
- Supervise the monitoring and testing of regulatory compliance control effectiveness by performing sufficient and representative reviews; monitor the intra-group outsourcing arrangements with Zopa Financial Services Ltd
- Build strong business partnerships with first line functions (including outsourced service providers) to advise and challenge on projects and initiatives across P2P activity where there are operational, regulatory and conduct risks
- Liaising with other intra-group second line functions (Compliance, MLRO, Legal Operational Risk and Info Sec) to ensure a consistent risk-based approach is achieved
- Coordinate second line approval for the business for the development of new products, business practices and financial promotions for the P2P product, including ISA products and investor-related initiatives
- Oversee the breaches log to ensure that identified deficiencies and incidents are followed up and where necessary, making recommendations for amendments, including the Client Money breaches log and collaborating with Finance to ensure that any incidents are followed up promptly
- Report to senior management, the Board/Risk Committee and the regulators where appropriate, on compliance matters, such as regulatory risk assessments, including any changes in regulatory risk, summarising any identified breaches and/or deficiencies and the corrective measures recommended to address them
- Present risk assessments to the Risk Management Committee
- Recommend control enhancements to ensure risks remain within our appetite
- Maintain the regulatory relationships and ensuring the regulators are kept informed of any notifiable events
- Second or first line Risk and/or Compliance management experience within a FCA/PRA regulated retail financial services firm
- Good regulatory knowledge of CCA (CONC), SYSC, CASS and COBS. Ideally you will also have knowledge of ISA regulations
- Ability to challenge business products and processes to ensure regulatory compliance and to manage and influence regulatory and senior management relationships
- Ability to communicate well with all staff levels to ensure regulatory knowledge is transferred and applied through your open and inclusive approach. You are comfortable with an agile approach to business change using your skillset to enable business development
- Passionate about innovative finance products with a proven ability to work on several projects and under tight deadlines
- You are a natural problem solver and have an ability to anticipate regulatory risks
- Extremely customer focused and motivated by positive customer outcomes
- Excellent organisational skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Power Point)