Client Platform Engineer
IT Service Operations – IT Service Operations /
Employee - Permanent
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’ve been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving, and we’ve just launched a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
The Client Platform team is a small group of engineers that ensures Zopa’s employees have the systems and tooling they need to be highly productive. They support the stable operation of Zopa’s Infrastructure and Applications, by providing support to all our employees and providing an escalation path to the Workplace Technology Helpdesk Engineers.
We're looking for a proactive macOS engineer with can-do attitude, to help shape and define the next iteration of tools and infrastructure for our macOS endpoints. The role will be integral in developing an automated and self-serve environment for our users.
If you have broad skill set across multiple operating systems (with a focus on Mac) and thrive on the ability to develop leading-edge innovative solutions to business needs, we’d love to hear from you.
A day in the life
- Primary focus on managing MacOS and the enterprise level
- Support end user workstation hardware, software, network devices, cabling, and networking hardware and software products by testing, maintaining, monitoring, and troubleshooting in order to determine source of problems
- Manage a mixed client platform environment (MacOS, Windows, Ubuntu, etc)
- Administer enterprise software including deployment and package management (i.e. Jamf, Munki, Chocolatey, Desktop Central) and client system management tools
- Implement and maintain policies and compliance to manage end user devices
- Work cross-functionally with every business unit to provide solutions to a wide variety of business needs
- Adopt a proactive approach towards all client activities looking for fresh approaches to improve systems, Service Desk profile and all round go getter!!
- Ideally, you’ll have around 3 years’ experience of macOS and Zero Touch deployment using JAMF
- You'll have a excellent understanding of imaging and managing client endpoints
- You’ll have a compelling knowledge of supporting common macOS applications e.g. Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite
- You’ll have a good understanding of API’s
- You’ll understand Multi Factor Authentication and Single Sign On
- You’ll be familiar with Mobile Device Management Systems
- You’ll have network troubleshooting experience
- You’ll be familiar with scripting and automating desktop processes
- You’re passionate about bringing new and exciting ideas into a team & improving existing processes
Bonus points for
- Remote Jamf 400 qualification
- Previous experience within Financial services
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, all of us here at Zopa are currently working remotely.
Moving beyond this and assuming Covid-19 is no longer a threat, this position would be based at our office in London Bridge.
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.