Partnerships – Partnerships /
Employee - Permanent
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
We began our journey in 2005 with the drive to deliver customer-first financial products. Fast forward to 2020, we shifted gears and became a digital bank, leveraging our customer knowledge, money expertise and technical agility to forge ahead. Our diverse team is united by a mission to create simple, fair and honest financial products that have the customers’ needs at their heart.
We’re regularly recognised at industry awards for our game-changing products and are proud to be one of the market leaders in consumer lending in the UK. But our work doesn’t stop there.
After securing £220 million in our 2021 funding round led by SoftBank, we’ve entered the next stage in our journey. So far, we’ve lent out over £8 billion and made money work better for over half a million people across the UK who were looking to borrow or save with us. In less than 2 years after becoming a bank, we hit £2 billion in customer deposits and we’re also a top 5 credit card issuer in the UK. And this is just the beginning.
We’re set on achieving big things with ambitious growth targets to match. This means there's a range of opportunities for you to excel and develop through a career at Zopa, while building better banking products that truly matter to our customers.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa. For a closer look at our culture, check out our latest video here. And if you want to join us, have a look at our current open roles!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Partnerships Executive to join our fast-growing Partnerships team, who are at the heart of customer acquisition across all our products at Zopa.
This role provides significant internal and external exposure as you’ll be working with partners and product teams across a range of different products. You’ll build a valuable blend of commercial, management and technical skills in a high-growth, agile environment as part of a team core to Zopa’s growth.
A day in the life:
- Lead the commercial performance monitoring across all partnerships
- Build trusted relationships and manage a portfolio of partners (including: ClearScore, Experian, Money Supermarket or John Lewis)
- Work collaboratively with external and internal stakeholders to produce business reports and key management information
- Analyse data and generate insights that can be used to drive improved commercial performance and new customer acquisition
- Own the onboarding of new partners. Working closely with product teams you will become the go to person for partners to understand the detail behind our products, our APIs and the technical integration requirements.
- Work collaboratively with Compliance, Credit Risk and other key stakeholders to assess commercial and regulatory feasibility and implications of various partner initiatives
- Establish strong relationships with partners and assist them with ad hoc business queries
- Model the commercial impact of potential and recently launched features
- Support the team on ad-hoc projects as we expand into new markets and build new capabilities
- You might have just graduated or have experience working in a challenging, fast-paced environment (like a start-up, banking or consulting)
- You're analytical, have excellent attention to detail and you work well with competing tasks and timescales
- You have excellent communication skills and are comfortable dealing with partners and other external stakeholders
- You can communicate your insights succinctly and influence upwards, downwards and sideways. You treat others with respect but you’re not afraid to challenge them sensitively
- Ideally, you have a quantitative background. You are confident working with data and turning it into insight that supports decision making. Knowledge of SQL would be a bonus but eagerness to learn it is a must.
- You are empathetic. You do the right thing for customers, even if it’s the more challenging option
- You’re a self-starter. You know when to ask for support and you’re not shy about doing so, but you don’t wait to be told what to do
- You don’t define yourself narrowly. You roll up your sleeves and jump in where help is required, and you’re always looking to learn
- You might not be in a technical role today, but you have an interest in technology and a keen desire to understand more about how our tech drives our products
Flexible working? Yes please!
Whether you want to come into our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office or work from the comfort of your own home (or both!), you’ll be able to decide on an approach with your manager, looking at what works best for you, your role and your team.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.