Collections and Recoveries Strategy Manager
Service Excellence Tribe – Analytics
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’re been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving and we’re now launching a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
As we launch our Bank, we are looking for someone who can lead the thinking behind our Collections and Recoveries strategy as we further scale our existing products as well as launch new lending products. You will need to ensure we are consistently driving good customer outcomes, whilst making sure we minimise the losses from our delinquent portfolios.
We’ll soon have customers that hold multiple Zopa products (including Credit Card, Personal Loans, Car Finance). If this type of customer gets into arrears most companies would simply execute individual strategies for each individual product. We don’t think that’s a good customer experience – so we want to talk to customers about their holistic situation across however many products they hold with us, and then make sure we find them the best solution given their individual circumstances.
As well as setting the strategy, you will partner with a dedicated tech team who are responsible for maintaining and improving the technology underpinning how Collections and Recoveries is executed. You’ll also partner closely with our Head of Collections Operations in the execution of the overall strategy.
Day to day this will look like:
- Ownership of the Collections and Recoveries strategy across all Zopa products – responsible for minimising the losses from customers who enter Collections whilst ensuring we are driving positive customer outcomes.
- You’ll own the Collections and Recoveries infrastructure roadmap, working closely with a tech team to ensure the roadmap is aligned to strategy.
- You’ll understand the relevant regulations relating to the Collections and Recoveries domain, meeting regularly with the Compliance and Legal Teams.
- You’ll attend monthly credit risk committee meetings to present a summary of Collections and Recoveries performance, as well as meeting regularly with our second line credit risk team
- You’ll understand the importance of identifying vulnerable customers, and how they should be treated differently form a strategy perspective.
- You’ll champion the use of A/B or multivariate testing for relevant initiatives where it is important that we understand the impact in detail.
We’re looking for someone that has previous experience in the Collections and Recoveries space, comes from an analytical background, and has delivered tangible results - so that they can hit the ground running! It would also be great if:
- You’ve a proven track record in the Collections space (5+ years ideally!)
- You’re a strategic thinker, able to develop a roadmap and execute against it
- You’re a customer champion. You have proven experience using customer insights to drive product development and positive customer outcomes
- Project management skills, deliver projects in a timely and cost efficient manner with a consistent focus on driving positive organisational and customer outcomes
- You’ve solid people manager skills and able to develop individuals and create a team environment that gets the most out of people
- You are comfortable around data, understanding the importance of tracking the performance of initiatives, iterating and improving over time
- You’re familiar with test design principles and able to construct testing in a way that translates into robust and actionable outcomes
- You're able to manage multiple projects while coordinating efforts across a variety of functional areas
- You have a strong analytical approach to presenting recommendations and making decisions
- You are highly collaborative and a strong communicator – able to work well with people of different disciplines and levels
- You are curious and always seeking better ways to do things – both within and outside of the industry
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.