Senior Product Associate
Credit Card Tribe – Credit Cards Tribe /
Employee - Permanent
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’ve been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving, and we’ve just launched a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
At Zopa, Product Associates are the people that inspire ideas and strategies to drive our business forward and make our products better for customers. They’re a rare mix: creative problem solvers who are also analytical and confident in using data.
We're looking for a number of Product Associates to work in a number of different product areas across Zopa. This is a rare opportunity to drive real impact for our customers and our business from day 1. It would suit a smart problem-solver a few years into their career who wants to move into the world of product management and fintech, or a product analyst who’s looking to step up their ownership and impact.
Some of the problems we’re currently solving......
We launched our Credit Card last year and we’re on a rapid scaling journey to become one of the UK’s top issuers in 2021. How should we evolve our product as we onboard 100,000s of new customers? How do we challenge the status quo and leverage technology to revolutionise the credit card world?
Our Savings tribe is building a new savings account to help our customers improve their financial security, and already has another one live. How do we effectively manage our product, prices and channels to achieve our liquidity targets? How do we ensure we have the right data set-up to truly understand our customers and to effectively control our risks?
In our Service Excellence tribe, how do we build out our web and app platforms to help customers who are struggling with payments to access the support they need quickly without having call one of our Agents?
Watch our video on product @ Zopa HERE!
Day in the life:
- Generating key insight from data and then using this insight to drive product development
- Modelling the impact of potential and recently launched features on customer satisfaction and financial outcomes
- Problem solving together with software engineers, product designers and our operational teams to build the best possible customer experiences
- Working collaboratively with Compliance, Brand, Finance and other key stakeholders to assess feasibility and implications of initiatives
- Taking on ownership of projects, monitoring key metrics, identifying improvement opportunities, and proposing solutions
- Reviewing our backlog of initiatives to ensure we’re prioritising our time on the work that can drive the most customer and business value
- Speaking to customers to understand their needs and to test new product prototype
- 1-3 years of experience in a challenging, fast-paced environment (e.g. start-up, banking, consulting)
- You're analytical, have excellent attention to detail and you work well with competing tasks and timescales
- You have a quantitative background and you’re a natural at turning data into insight that supports decision making. If you’ve got previous experience using SQL or Python to analyse data, even better.
- You can communicate your insights succinctly and influence upwards, downwards and sideways. You treat others with respect but you’re not afraid to challenge them sensitively
- You are empathetic. You do the right thing for customers, even if it’s the hard thing.
- You’re a self starter. You know when to ask for support and you’re not shy about doing so, but you don’t wait to be told what to do
- You don’t define yourself narrowly. You roll up your sleeves and jump in where help is required, and you’re always looking to learn
- You might not be in a technical role today, but you have an interest in technology and a keen desire to understand more about how our tech drives our products
- You look for the minimum viable product, preferring to execute on something small and learn from the experience than to wait until it’s perfect
Bonus points for:
- You have prior experience with agile product development processes, such as Scrum, and tools such as GitHub
- You’ve worked in a technology organisation and/or with development teams
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.