Sensitive Case Handler
Operations 2020 – Collections & Recoveries
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’re been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving and we’re now launching a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
About the role
The Collections & Recoveries Team are a specialized team within Zopa's highly recommended customer services, assisting with the earliest stages of borrower arrears to maximize the recovery of new arrears cases. As a sensitive case agent you’ll be part of this wider team, specifically dealing with customers at different levels of vulnerability and supporting them in managing their loan before and after it falls into arrears.
As a specially trained sensitive case agent, you will provide outstanding repayments and administrative support to the Collections and Recoveries team plus the Customer Service department. You’ll primarily be focusing on identifying and supporting customers by understanding their needs and ensuring the best outcome is provided for both the individual and Zopa.
You’ll be joining a friendly, hardworking, dynamic and collaborative team with the opportunity for great career development. You must be a Customer Champion and care about our customers and reflect that in everything you do.
A day in the life:
- Make outbound calls to speak with customers to understand their needs and offer support in managing their loan
- Receive inbound calls regarding account queries, including setting arrangements and requesting documentation
- Respond to all customer and third-party enquiries efficiently and with skill, ensuring customer preference is considered
- Assess the needs of vulnerable customers and helping operations to identify and support customers appropriately
- Administrative work dealing with correspondence from third parties such as debt management companies and insolvency practitioners
- Interact with the collections and customer service operational team to provide assistance and guidance
- Ask insightful questions to understand the customer's specific needs, including requesting supporting documentation, responding to income and expenditure forms and signposting
- Explore affordability and tailoring solutions to fit the customer’s requirements
- Ensure regulatory changes are implemented and adhered to on a regular basis
- Correctly identify expressions of dissatisfaction and complaints, ensuring escalation where appropriate
- We are looking for great communication skills, experience in a customer focused environment with telephone/call center duties
- You have experience in dealing with sensitive/vulnerable customers, ideally within a debt recovery/collections role would be great, and are familiar with FCA regulation, data protection, and anti-money laundering principles
- You may have previous experience in Auto/Motor recovery experience however this is not essential
- You have
- You are an excellent team-player who can work independently when needed and be flexible in adapting to changing environments based on role requirements
- You’ll be comfortable with a variety of contact methods, such as phone, email, letter, live chat and must be confident in using Microsoft Office such as Outlook, Excel and Word
- You are friendly, empathetic and a good listener with excellent oral and written communication skills
- You are self-motivated with a passion for learning new skills and fulfilling their potential
- You are compassionate, grounded, logical and objective; able to follow through on difficult decisions
- You’re able to use initiative to problem solve and make informed decisions by gathering and interpreting the relevant information
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.