Operations – Repayments
At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £3 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
The Repayments Team are a specialised team within Zopa's highly recommended customer services, assisting with the earliest stages of borrower arrears to maximise the recovery of new arrears cases. As a repayments agent, you will provide outstanding repayments and administrative support, with the opportunity for great career development and unparalleled learning!
What it looks like to be a Repayments Agent at Zopa
- Making outbound calls daily to discuss repayment of the borrower’s outstanding arrears
- Receiving inbound calls regarding account queries, handling disputes, taking payments and setting arrangements
- Responding to customer and third party emails
- Administrative work dealing with correspondence from third parties such as debt management companies and borrowers
- Setting arrangements based on offers relating to borrowers financial difficulties
- Previous experience working in a customer focused environment, with telephone/call centre experience preferable
- Minimum six months previous experience within a debt recovery/collections role would be great but not essential
- Familiar with FCA regulation, data protection, and anti-money laundering principles
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Punctual and flexible in adapting to changing environments based on role requirements
- Confident using Microsoft Office such as Outlook, Excel and Word
- Personal characteristics required:
- Excellent teammate
- There will be the opportunity for the expansion and development of this role for the successful candidate
Watch our team video here:
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.