Site Reliability Engineer
Technology – Tech Ops
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good Money company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
As a Zopa Reliability Engineer you will help to remove inefficiencies in the way Zopa use (or don’t use) technology to drive value for the business. Automating consistently, helping to design and support the various technology infrastructure to help Zopa grow. Both in our self-hosted datacentres and the cloud.
The Platforms Team has been created to improve the way we deliver our infrastructure and evolve the Reliability Engineering culture at Zopa. The team is responsible for evolving our infrastructure platforms to be drivable by our development tribes so that they can be more autonomous and agile, replacing tickets with APIs, designing properly reliable services whilst also supporting the security processes that are required in an FCA audited environment. We aim to curate the right selection of technologies, such as cloud providers, container platforms, monitoring, metrics and logging, open source projects, to achieve the goals on our platform roadmap.
Day to day, you might be automating infrastructure deployment to our multi cloud environment with terraform, improving our application release processes and pipelines, upgrading our container platforms to the latest version of Kubernetes and utilising the latest features, and designing processes and tools that help our developers to take more control of their products and the infrastructure they need.
- Good knowledge of at least one programming language and the willingness to dabble in others (Go, Ruby, Python)
- Cloud agnostic mentality
- Exposure to cloud IaaS (AWS, GCP or other relevant)
- Linux administration (CoreOS, or any Linux in general)
- Experience with Immutable infrastructure
- Linux containers and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Good Knowledge on Hashicorp stack
- Experience in building and maintaining Kafka clusters (mirroring Kafka across multiple datacentres)
- Knowledge of event streaming
- Ability to troubleshoot and tune performance of computer systems