Systems Analyst, Data Product
Engineering – Engineering /
Employee - Permanent
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’ve been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving, and we’ve just launched a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
We are looking for a Systems Analyst to join our Data Engineering Team to work alongside our talented ETL Developers to create the critical data processes that support our business and our financial systems. We are at an exciting phase on our journey where we have recently launched a new kind of bank, so this is a perfect time to join us.
A day in the life:
- Gather relevant information for the Data Engineering and Services Team through self-directed learning, meetings and workshops with product owners and operations managers
- Assessing and mapping current processes, procedures, systems, data stores, business interfaces, and ways of working and their respective performance across operations
- Meeting relevant stakeholders to ensure the processes are correct and mapped out for each area
- Understand process and system inter-dependencies between business functions
- Create specifications that translate requirements to the Data Engineers
- You’ll have excellent process mapping skills
- You are able to run SQL queries on your own
- You have basic understanding of what can or cannot be implemented in databases
- You have proven experience managing technical stakeholders
- You’ll be confident at coming up with ideas and recommendations
- You’ve got a clear eye for detail
- You have experience mapping processes and documenting standard work templates/instructions
- You demonstrate strong organisational skills and structured thinking
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.