Corporate Strategy Lead
CSO General – CSO General /
Employee - Permanent
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’re been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving, and we’ve just launched a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
Your role will be at the very centre of Zopa, where you’ll be leading the efforts to drive the company’s strategic planning process and helping cascade it down the organisation.
You’ll report directly into the Chief Strategy Officer, and as such will work closely with the Leadership Team. This is a high-impact, high-exposure role and as such will provide a great platform for longer-term progression.
Your role will include business strategy and planning:
- You'll be partnering with the leadership team and business to help driving the annual strategic planning process to define the strategy and set priorities
- Supporting the business in understanding the market trends and the competitive landscape and dynamics
- Leading feasibility studies for new areas or look at opportunities
Strategic projects and initiatives:
- Leading or programme managing critical projects that need cross functional work
- Leading any strategic initiatives that are outside of the core business
Organisation performance reviews & reporting:
- Taking a data-led approach to understanding the organisational performance and underlying drivers and blockers, and lead business reporting to senior leadership
We’re looking for a top-tier (ex-)consultant, looking to move into a fast-growth scale-up business. Specifically, you’ll exhibit:
- You have experience in a top-tier consulting firm (Consultant/Senior Consultant) or in a corporate strategy or business operations team in a leading technology company or investment bank
- You can structure complex and often ambiguous problems, synthesizing a lot of information quickly, highlighting key takeaways and actionable insights
- Proven abilities to communicate effectively across the organisation and gain buy-in for your ideas and proposals
- Advanced project management and organization skills
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done; you can balance attention to detail with swift execution
- You’re a self-starter
We're currently all working from home at the moment due to COVID 19. Our office is open for those who would like the option :)
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.