Data Excellence – Data Analytics
At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £3 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
For more clarity on our values and mode of operation, see our tech blog, and especially our posts on Predictor, Data Democratization, and the cross-functional tribal model we use.
Zopa’s data-driven culture has played a major role in the fantastic growth we have been experiencing. We want to continue strengthening this culture, empowering people with tools, knowledge, and easy-to-use data.
Thanks to your skills, initiative, ideas, and excellent work, our raw data will be transformed into meaningful key performance indicators (KPIs), exposed to the whole company via clear visualizations and reports, and continuously monitored via dedicated processes and databases.
This is a hands-on role in which you will familiarise yourself with all life-cycle stages of our users. You will
- Be passionate about understanding our current and prospective customers, and our business model
- Let your passion materialize in the form of ideas, concrete proposals, and excellent work
- Collaborate within multi-disciplinary teams to refine or define KPIs
- Own and drive improvements to our data assets
- Create automated dashboards, reports, and database tables to monitor and visualize these KPIs and their drivers
- Be a beacon of our data-driven culture by providing advice, training, and tools to your colleagues
- Basic statistics/probability
- Good SQL
- Python and its data-analytics stack (e.g., pandas, Numpy, MatPlotLib) or good programming experience in C/C++/Java/R
- B.Sc. in a quantitative discipline
- Hands on experience in data reporting/analytics (>2 yr)
- M.Sc. in a quantitative discipline
- Tableau (preferentially) or experience with other BI tool
- SQL Server Integration Services/SQL Server Reporting Services
- Weblog Analytics (e.g., clickstream analysis, Google Analytics)
Bonus points for:
This role will directly expose you to a broad range of topics, such as credit/fraud risk, operations, marketing, pricing, and data science (e.g., machine learning & big data). As such and at the depth of time, the possibility of advancement to a more specialized role, such in data engineering, data science, and business analysis is open.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.