React-Native Mobile Developer (Android and iOS)
Technology – Software Engineering
At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £3 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
Are you a hands-on mobile developer with a passion for kickstarting new app journeys?
If so, we’d love to tell you more about this opportunity in our mobile app team.
You’ll need to have experience in delivering mobile apps from conception all the way to release. As this is a key role in a small team, you’ll lead the thinking on mobile technology. But you won’t be doing it alone: you’ll have the support of an in-house full-stack developer and a dedicated designer.
About the team
In Pioneers, we help Zopa do things Zopa doesn’t do yet. Since we’re working on new projects, we’re looking for people who are comfortable with a fair bit of uncertainty, fast change, and love solving really hard problems collaboratively.
We make decisions fast and move on, trusting data first and using sharp instincts and experience when the data falls short. We communicate and listen with attention, and connect the dots before implementing.
Next to health and relationships, a person’s financial situation is central to their well-being and we draw our motivation from making people’s lives better through fair, simple, and easy financial products.
As a developer, you’re interested in the problem, not just the requirements on a ticket. You’re as ambitious about the speed and quality of your work as our plans for new products and launches. You know that your impact is not measured in pristineness of code, but the result for the user. In a team, you’re highly proactive and speak up & challenge when needed in service of speed and quality.
Some of the things you’ll be doing day to day
- Working in a small, focused squad with a product manager, UX designer, and developers on Zopa’s first mobile app
- Delivering front-end, fast, semantically clean, MVP-ready code
- Asking the right questions to make sure we have all the infrastructure in place that we need to build fast and clean
- Experience developing mobile apps, including using native features
- Knowledge of React, Angular, or similar component-based framework is beneficial
- Previous work with back end APIs beneficial
- Solid understanding of version control tools (ideally Git)
- Passion for your work and striving to do things “the right way” (semantics, validity, flexibility, maintainability, …)
- An interest in innovation and fin-tech
- Experience in financial services or a similarly regulated environment
- Previous experience in a small startup or other “lean” environment
- A proved track record of picking up new technologies and delivering things with them quickly
Bonus points for:
To show us you’re up to the task, we’d like to see links to examples of your work and any code that you’re happy to share.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.