Technology – Tech Ops
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good Money company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
As an Incident Manager at Zopa, you will be responsible for driving the speedy restoration of IT services experiencing outage, performance or stability issues. Incident Managers are responsible for ‘herding the cats’ across multiple technology streams to ensure downtime is minimised whilst communicating clearly and succinctly status updates on a regular basis to stakeholders. Following recovery, Incident Management will lead the post mortem and root cause analysis.
Acting within Problem Management, you will oversee the implementation of any defined defect fixes.
Incident Managers at Zopa are the custodians of customer experience, empowered to drive improvements to software, infrastructure or processes. Incident Management will own the quality of Runbooks and key product support information and act as ambassadors for Zopa IT operations with internal and external stakeholders.
- End to end responsibility for the management, communication, escalation, investigation and resolution of incidents, ensuring Business / Customer updates are timely and of sufficient quality, arranging discussions and updates as required.
- Acting as Incident escalation focal point, identifying and resolving conflict and bottlenecks.
- Lead the creation of RunBooks for product support and operations.
- Creation of agreed action plans with named actions & deadlines. Accountable for the Delivery of that plan.
- Document post incident recovery steps in order to establish Root Cause, aid in Process improvements, identify deviations and to enable creation of a Knowledge Base.
- Driving, developing and managing the major incident process and associated procedures / systems.
- Providing consolidated production incident metrics to the Head of Technology Operations and Operations Centre Manager along with resolution rates.
- Act as Problem Manager and Service Delivery in the absence of dedicated resource.
- Be an Evangelist for the Incident Management Process.
- 09:00 to 17:30 weekdays, plus out of hours via on-call, providing 24/7 support.
- Excellent succinct but detailed communication skills, written and verbal.
- Keeps a cool head under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing skills, interacting appropriately with technical and business resources, driven but courteous.
- Demonstrable experience in an Incident Management Role within IT.
- Understanding of Enterprise Architecture, on-prem and cloud IT environments.
- Strong analytical/fault finding/diagnostics/trouble-shooting skills.
- Methodical approach to problem solving and attention to detail.
- Kepner-Tregoe or similar exposure.
- Flexible and ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Effective time management skills; with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritizing tasks, shifting priorities, fluctuating workloads, deadline pressures.
- Degree level education or equivalent experience.
- ITIL Certified.
- Strong technical competencies resulting from previous working experience at expert level within an IT operational or support environment.
- Experience of Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Virtualisation, containers, Kubernetes knowledge and experience desired
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.