People Operations Manager
Operations – Client Services
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good MoneyTM company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
Our HR Team is growing and we are looking for a creative and pragmatic HR Operations Manager. The role involves overseeing all our people processes from on-boarding to employee relations to payroll and reporting with a view of making them best in class. You will work closely with HRBPs, line managers and fellow Zopians across a wide range of projects. This is a newly created role so you will have the opportunity to really define and shape the role.
You’ll need to be a role model for Zopa values and behaviours!
On a day to day basis you’ll be:
- Driving great process – Map, oversee and improve operational processes in recruitment, payroll, administration and throughout the employee lifecycle. Use your initiative to find gaps in the way we do things and redesign our existing processes
- HR Systems – Responsible for ensuring system efficiency and data integrity and on-boarding all new systems across the department
- HR process optimisation – oversee automation and process efficiencies
- Payroll and Benefits – Oversight and governance for the monthly payroll
- Risks and Controls – You’ll own and drive diligence in our departmental areas of risk and provide confidence in our controls
- Responsible for all direct reports within the HR Ops team
- Owning the HR road map and driving delivery of the project plans across the HR team
This is the background we'd like to see on your CV/profile:
- Redefining HR processes and delivering a best in class employee journey
- Shared services, where you’ve regularly re-prioritised projects and stakeholder management
- Project management and running a busy road map
- Partnering with HR Business Partners/Advisors, Recruiters and IT to deliver people orientated solutions
On a personal level, these are the qualities we’d like to see:
- Solution Orientated – You’ll rise to the challenge when faced with challenges, consider the risks and motivate the team to deliver in the face of adversity
- You’ll need to be a role model for Zopa values and behaviours!
Ok, I’m in. What can Zopa offer me?
· A relaxed and informal office overlooking the Thames at London Bridge, full of break out spaces for collaborative working, and of course the obligatory office bean bags, which no one can ever get up from with dignity
· A genuine promise that everyone is welcome at Zopa – regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion
· Transparent and informative weekly team meetings on Friday’s afternoons with drinks
· On site Yoga classes weekly
· A games room with well used ping pong and football tables
· A dedicated room for meditation, relaxation and prayer
· To surround you with a group of like-minded Zopians who operate with passion and integrity
· A tailor-made integration plan to set you up for success and an ongoing focus on your performance and development
· Two paid days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice
· Free tea and coffee throughout the day
· Free breakfast every morning
· A competitive compensation and benefits package
· We can’t guarantee it, but we’re always open to a chat about flexible working
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.