Senior Splunk Engineer
Zopa Reliability Engineering – Zopa Reliability Engineering /
Employee - Permanent
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’ve been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving, and we’ve just launched a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
The successful candidate will be working within the Zopa Reliability Engineering (ZRE) team to improve the Splunk platform and its adoption by the development and InfoSec community. This will be achieved by assisting and advising on how to best adopt and leverage the system.
A day in the life
- Troubleshooting Splunk performance issues/Opening support cases with Splunk.
- Provide Granular, Role-based Security.
- Restrict access to sensitive logs/data
- Setting up Splunk Forwarding for new application tiers introduced into the environment
- Have 3+ years experience in Monitoring using SIEM tools such as Splunk
- Have 3+ years experience in design, implementation, and support of Splunk (Indexers, Forwarders, Search-Heads Setup etc)
- Have 3+ years experience with implementing and administering Splunk.
- Hold experience with Linux and Windows agents for Splunk administration with a solid understanding of the Splunk system.
- Have an ability to create operations documentation for maintaining the Splunk infrastructure.
- Have some experience with Terraform
- Hold experience with Docker and Docker orchestrated environments (Kubernetes, EKS)
Bonus points for
- Splunk certification: Splunk Certified Architect or Splunk Certified Consultant with Security Specialism (desirable)
- Knowledge and understanding of Networking tools and network architecture
- Experience in configuring log sources, complex data on-boarding and troubleshooting log stoppages
- API integration experience.
- Golang/Python scripting skills
- Cloud (AWS) deployment
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.