Juniper Network Engineer
Technology – Tech Ops
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good MoneyTM company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
We are seeking an innovative and accomplished Network Professional ideally with previous experience working in the Financial Services sector, to join the team responsible for the Zopa’s IT and network infrastructure encompassing office, co-location and Cloud sites.
As a Network Engineer, you will be implementing Zopa network design and support the overall organisation cloud network (WAN and LAN).
Additionally, you will be required to keep abreast of emerging technologies and innovations to ensure we stay agile and to help maintain our market position for time to market delivery; designing solutions for projects to deploy or upgrade existing infrastructure. Implement network security and design solutions for network interconnects to allow the company to utilise third party services. Curating and nurturing Zopa’s network infrastructure, you will ensure we maintain software and firmware levels as required by vendors and security compliance, compiling and testing work packages and overseeing their implementation to ensure that standards and requirements are met.
You'll be working closely with other infrastructure, software engineering, and business units, to ensure a 24/7 operations and availability of our consumer facing services. Out of office hours on-call may be required as a point of escalation, to ensure issues are attended to swiftly. We offer a fantastic Central London location with a creative, professional yet friendly, collaborative and social environment.
- Thorough understanding of enterprise network technologies and how they fit into a financial company's technical infrastructure
- Experience and knowledge in IP & MPLS network Strong Network Routing Protocols Strong experience and knowledge in Cloud & Data Centre solutions
- Hands-on network engineering & operations experience including Juniper networks, Junos Space, BigIP F5
- Knowledge of JUNOS and Juniper SRX, QFX, MX and EX -series products very desirable
- Good understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS and 802.1AE)
- Experience in network function virtualization (NFV) and/or software defined network (SDN) desired
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Understanding of Enterprise Architecture, on-premises and cloud IT environments
- University degree in Computer Science or a related subject or equivalent experience in Juniper devices
- ITIL experience
- Strong technical competencies resulting from previous working experience at expert level within an IT operational or support environment.
- Experience of Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Good succinct but detailed communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing skills, interacting appropriately with technical and business resources, driven but courteous
- Strong analytical/fault finding/diagnostics/trouble-shooting skills
- Methodical approach to problem solving and attention to detail
- Flexible and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Effective time management skills; with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritizing tasks, shifting priorities, fluctuating workloads, deadline pressures
- Collaborative team member with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Focus on customer experience and service delivery
Ok, I’m in. What can Zopa offer me?
· A relaxed and informal office overlooking the Thames at London Bridge, full of break out spaces for collaborative working, and of course the obligatory office bean bags, which no one can ever get up from with dignity
· A genuine promise that everyone is welcome at Zopa – regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion
· Transparent and informative weekly team meetings on Friday’s afternoons with drinks
· On site Yoga classes weekly
· A games room with well used ping pong and football tables
· A dedicated room for meditation, relaxation and prayer
· To surround you with a group of like-minded Zopians who operate with passion and integrity
· A tailor-made integration plan to set you up for success and an ongoing focus on your performance and development
· Two paid days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice
· Free tea and coffee throughout the day
· Free breakfast every morning
· A competitive compensation and benefits package
· We can’t guarantee it, but we’re always open to a chat about flexible working
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.