Senior Communications Specialist
Brand – Brand /
Employee - Permanent
Hello there. We’re Zopa.
Our diverse team is united in their mission of creating simple, fair and honest financial products that have the customer’s needs at their heart. We’re proud that this dedication is reflected in our excellent rating on TrustPilot.
We’ve always been unapologetically honest with our customers, and value the same in return. Their feedback helps us shape what we build, so we can provide a bank fit for today, and for the future.
We’re not the new kids on the block though - we’ve been a pioneering force in finance for 16 years. In 2005, we built the first ever peer-to-peer (P2P) lending company, giving our customers access to loans built for real-life and intelligent investments backed by cutting-edge tech. In 2020, we launched Zopa Bank, meaning we could offer more – like fixed term savings backed by FSCS protection and a credit card to help customers take control of their finances.
Today, our bank and our P2P business run alongside each other, with the same ethos and the same mission. We’ve lent out over £6 billion and are proud to have made money work better for over half a million people across the UK, whether they were looking to borrow, save or invest.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
We’re looking for a Senior Communications Specialist to join our Brand & Comms team. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced candidate to help design and deliver an employer brand and internal communications programme that engages, inspires and informs our current and prospective employees.
The role is crucial to our growing business as we focus on attracting and retaining the best talent in what is a dynamic and exciting industry. The role reports to the Brand and Experience Director within the Brand and Communications function of Zopa but will also have close collaboration with the People team.
On a day to day basis you’ll be:
- Working with the Brand and People team to strengthen our employer brand and employee value proposition through a compelling internal communications agenda
- Recommending, planning and delivering activities, content series’ and interactions which bring our employer brand to life in order to i) raise awareness and emotional engagement to the Zopa brand, helping us to attract great calibre candidates ii) engage current employees in the strategy, performance, values and culture of the business
- Managing content across all internal communications channels, choosing appropriate and varied ways of conveying Zopa’s messages to its employees.
- Ensuring communications are relevant to and representative of the company by creating strong links with different teams.
- Giving a voice to people throughout the business, creating two-way feedback loops to ensure that communications are highly relevant and tonally appropriate.
- Helping to recognise and celebrate both people and team achievements across the business
- Producing and delivering a consistent internal comms calendar including regular company wide meetings and managing key strategic internal events such as our strategy deployment and year end events
- A go-to adviser on internal communications, working closely with the wider business
- Tracking and sharing initiative analytics to allow for measurement of impact and success, and continuous improvement
- You’ll have a proven track record of building a brand internally, training and educating a business on the importance of brand, values, organisational frameworks including vision and culture – having driven successful communications programs and delivered meaningful results before
- You’ll be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge and experience of all aspects of the internal communication mix, including research and measurement, writing, print, video and web production
- You’ll have a strong desire to understand and collaborate with all areas of the business in order to create insightful and relevant content
- You’ll possess the ability to write for a range of communication channels, flexing tone and style to suit the message and the audience group
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good judgment; able to build rapport with people at all levels of seniority with the maturity to be exposed to confidential material ahead of company wide deployment.
- Understand the difference between diversity and inclusion and what is meant by creating an inclusive environment
- Actively demonstrate and promote the Organisational Values, and positively contribute to a customer oriented approach
- Experienced in using SharePoint based intranets and Office 365 based programmes
- An action-oriented, proactive self-starter
- Ability to work towards tight deadlines
- A creative mindset
- A team player
Flexible working? Yes please!
We’re currently piloting a new flexible working scheme. This means that whether you want to come into our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office or work from the comfort of your own home (or both!), you’ll be able to decide on an approach with your manager, looking at what works best for you, your role and your team.
Not only that – the new model also includes the option of working from abroad for up to 90 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.