Data Excellence – Data Excellence /
Employee - Permanent
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’ve been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving, and we’ve just launched a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
Hello there! We’re Zopa the Feel Good Money company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
What you'll be doing:
- Liaise with data scientists, data analysts and decision makers such as product owners and business analysts to gather requirements
- Build scalable, reliable, maintainable, secure and high-performance data warehouse and data lake combo powering the analytical needs of the whole company
- Implement various data pipelines using cloud based big data technologies
- Data Pipeline: AWS S3, Lambda, Glue, Kinesis and Redshift
- ETL: Custom ETL/ELT in Python
- SQL: Postgres/SQL Server/Redshift
- Python: Pandas, NumPy and boto3 AWS SDK
- Big Data Technologies: Spark, Athena/Presto, Glue/Hive Data Catalog
- 2+ years of experience in data engineering or related domain
- Strong understanding of Python data structures and algorithms
- Proficient in writing complex SQL queries
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Experience working with CI/CD
- Experience working with data pipelines and ETL/ELT process using Python
- Experience with different AWS services
- Understanding of software delivery life cycle and version control using Git
- Demonstrable passion for projects related to data analytics
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with PySpark
- Dimensional data model using Kimball (star/snow flake)
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and influencing skills
- Passionate about learning open source and cutting-edge technologies
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Passion for elegant and intuitive data structures and analytical interfaces
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.