C# Software Developer
Technology – Software Engineering
At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £2 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
We work in cross-functional teams that work together to solve customer problems.
We’ve got a great office in London bridge with riverside views, ping pong, fuseball, PlayStation, a meditation room, break-out pods, gym discounts, morning fruit, and private health insurance.
Facts about Software Engineering at Zopa
- We deploy when we need to via CI and a completely automated test suite.
- We use cutting-edge infrastructure, like moving towards Kubernetes. DevOps is a way of life here. We collect over 12GB of logs every day
- We work in sprints and constantly make feature releases, with some systems being released to production multiple times per day.
- We operate under a tribe-structure; small teams own their own roadmap, stack and products
- We peer review all code, and value the sharing of knowledge.
- We use the right tool or language for the job, if you can prove better we’ll use that. (Various teams use mixtures of C#, F#, Go, Java, Python & Ruby)
We're looking for experienced engineers that have solved big challenges that come from working at scale. Ideally:
- You've worked on large scale distributed software systems that have proven scalability and complex topologies.
- Experience with Kafka, or some distributed log / message queuing system
- An advocate of test driven; we are a financial institution and a strong commitment to quality is essential
- Passion for your work and striving to do things “the right way”
- You can take ownership of tasks and problem solving and see challenges through to completion.
Several people in the team have escaped The City and come to Zopa from large banks. If you no longer want to be a small cog in a large machine, are keen to be more involved in the product and business we'd love to hear from you!
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.