Software Engineer C#
Technology – Software Engineering
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good Money company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
Zopa’s mission is to create a richer life for everyone by making money fair and simple. We do this by building great financial products, like our award-winning personal loans and our hugely popular investment products. These products are underpinned by a business model which means that we win when the customer wins – unlike many other financial products which rely on customers making mistakes or being misinformed to make money.
In 2019, we are going a step further, by building the next generation bank with cutting edge technologies and are looking for talented mid and senior level C# Software Engineers to work on a major rebuild of our technical stack. Some of the projects you could expect be working on:
· Evolving our system which already manages a £1.5 billion loan portfolio, so it can scale both in terms of growth and in product features
· Build the new personal loan management API, enabling new web apps & mobile apps that give power to our customers
· Re-writing parts of our infrastructure into new micro-services (using Kubernetes, .NET Core, Kotlin, Kafka etc.)
On a day to day basis you’ll be:
You will be working in a small, agile and adaptable cross-functional team, built on the Tribes and Squads model. You can expect to interact with stakeholders and key business users daily. We are big believers in a lean philosophy and flexibility in implementation.
Here is some of the Tech Stack you will be working with: C#, .Net Core, Kotlin, Kubernetes, SQL Server, Kafka - just to name a few.
- You love shipping great products, not just writing superb code.
- As an engineer, you’re interested in the problem, not just the requirements.
- You feel comfortable in a fast-moving environment and are ambitious about the speed and quality of your code. We ship our code multiple times a week with the impact measured in the result for the customer, not lines of code.
- An advocate of test driven development or, even better, behaviour-driven development. A strong commitment to quality is essential.
- You've worked on large scale distributed software systems that have proven scalability and complex topologies.
- Enjoy talking to key stakeholders and understand and show passion for the business objectives of the company.
- You like to build new products from scratch; many of our products are the first of its kind in the market.
- You are comfortable with a fair bit of uncertainty, fast change, and love solving hard problems collaboratively.
- You are a team player who thrives working in an honest and friendly working atmosphere. We have a flat hierarchy and give you the opportunity to make a real impact.
- Experience with Kafka and/or a streams-based platform (Samza, Storm) is a plus!
Here are some of the Projects you could expect to be working on
- Take part in the exciting journey as we build & launch our next generation bank this year
- Evolving our system which already manages a £1.5 billion loan portfolio, so it can scale both in terms of growth and in product features (from Unsecured P2P loans to Cars, Mortgages, Student Loans etc)
- Build the new personal loan management API from scratch, enabling new web apps & mobile apps that give power to our customers
- Re-writing specific parts of our previous infrastructure into new micro-services (using Kubernetes, .NET Core, Kotlin, Kafka, AWS etc.)
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.