Operations – Underwriting
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good Money company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
Zopa is currently going through an exciting phase of launching our new products and we are looking for Junior Underwriters to join our team, where you will be processing loan applications within the company's specific policy criteria.
As a junior underwriter you will be required to review application information which will include documents, other correspondence and credit file information. You will also be communicating with applicants & brokers directly to request additional or alternative documents and/or information, ensuring we give the best possible customer service available.
What will your day look like?
- Underwrite new unsecured loan applications within Zopa lending criteria and service standards
- Review applications which have flagged income or account verification codes and take end-to-end responsibility for that application.
- Evaluate the accuracy and authenticity of each customer’s details and documents
- Assess documents for income, conduct or any fraud concerns
- You’ll spend time talking and writing to our customers, brokers and other departments, ensuring we have all the right documents for their application
What you'll be like?
- You’ll be a customer champion and have at least 2 year + Financial Customer Service experience
- If you have Underwriting experience that’s great, but it’s not essential as we have an awesome training plan in place
- You’ll have ninja like attention to detail and the ability to investigate, question and scrutinise information
- Naturally your inquisitive and understand the importance of document examination, remaining confidential and always acting with integrity
- Reviewing numbers and data comes easy for you
- You are a customer champion, ensuring you always give the best possible customer service you can
- You are the T in team and love digging deep and helping your fellow colleagues
- You are proactive and always looking at how to prioritise your workload
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.