Senior Product Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Product Team /
Zuma makes an automated sales agent that converses with 100% of inbound leads, ultimately improving the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. We’ve built this from the ground up using AI, ML, and human support which helps increase sales conversion and support capacity for businesses of all kinds. Zuma is one of the fastest-growing startups in San Francisco, and is well-funded and backed by world-class investors such as Y-Combinator, Joe Montana’s fund (Liquid 2 Ventures), Day One Ventures, Soma Capital, and other notable angel investors including Austen Allred (from Lambda School), YC’s ex-COO Qasar Younis, among others.
Headquartered in San Francisco, USA, we operate nationally and have plans to grow rapidly over the next few years. To do that, we need great people committed to our vision in a big way. We're looking to build a team of rockstars that are equally excited about the opportunity to leverage technology to improve the way customers interact with businesses!
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our growing team at Zuma. You will work directly with top-caliber designers and engineers, own team OKRs and a product backlog, and have reign and resources to prioritize your backlog. You'll manage the engineering team responsible for designing the Zuma portal. You’ll iterate the existing product that already has traction, but as we grow together you’ll have opportunities to launch novel features and reach hundreds of thousands of users.
We are looking for someone with T-shaped skills: deep skills in core product practices and shallower (but still useful) skills across a broad range of topics. You’ll have mentorship from the best product people and business leaders in the industry including our advisors and business partners.
We are a company that values and celebrates diverse experiences and perspectives because they make our team more successful.
The ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Owning team OKRs and a full-stack software product backlog
- Uncovering and stack-ranking user pains
- Orchestrate weekly sprints with the engineering team while holding the respective individuals accountable
- Manage the intersection of web-app dev and conversational AI dev with each respective team of engineers
- Imagining, building, and iterating better products to solve user problems
- Synthesizing inputs from business stakeholders to achieve both business and user outcomes
- Articulating hypotheses and testing them with software-based experimentation
- Deriving insights from quantitative data, including user segmentation
- Persuasive copywriting
- Crafting user flows, wireframing, and working with a product designer
- Building and testing prototypes
- User researching, including scripting and interviewing
- User testing software before and after deployment
- Strictly bonus skills and experience: professional experience in real estate, retention email marketing, SEO, finance, business strategy, product design, technical program management, SQL, data visualization, data science, marketing, and/or business operations
What we are looking for:
- A first-principles thinker
- A simplifier
- An organized person
- A concise communicator
- A software person
- An integrative thinker
- A storyteller
- An advocate for the user
At Zuma you'll have:
Competitive cash and equity compensation
Unlimited vacation days and a flexible workday; we care about outcomes over schedule
Lots of team events and social activities
Excellent healthcare benefits
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes