Senior Product Designer
San Francisco Bay Area, CA /
Product & Design – Design /
Zumper is on a mission to make renting an apartment as easy as booking a hotel. With 80 million annual users across two brands (Zumper and PadMapper), we’ve generated support from top-tier investors and recently raised $60m in Series D funding (of $140m total). We’re searching for passionate, hardworking people to build extraordinary products and redefine the rental industry. Jump aboard our rocket ship!
We’re a fresh and vibrant bunch, with a surplus of raw talent. We walk one mile each way just for ramen. This is a huge opportunity to grow and forever change how people experience the feeling of home. We’re looking for a partner and mentor for our team, to set the bar for design excellence and help us deliver a world-class experience.
What You Will Do
- Deliver UI/UX product designs through our design process from ideation to launch
- Drive business and customer impact through design solutions
- Help define the design principles and aesthetic for our products and hold people to it
- Set and raise the bar for design excellence by providing feedback to team member projects and contributing to the design process
- Advocate for the needs of our customers (renters, landlords, agents, property managers) across our marketplace
- Collaborate across multiple teams (marketing, growth, engineering, etc) to ensure stakeholders have their input integrated during development
- Mentor fellow team members and be a role model for our design process and methods through clear and concise feedback
- Leverage prototyping to deliver high impact experiences and build confidence in product direction
- Conduct your own research and leverage it to inform your design decisions and influence stakeholders
- Use storytelling to increase the influence and impact of design across the organization
- Inspire the team with your grit, integrity, and infectious curiosity for learning.
Who You Are
- A Senior Product Designer with strong visual design skills with demonstrated proficiency in typography and color theory
- Empathetic, committed and curious in nature
- Can design successfully to address both the functional and emotional needs of customers
- Able to navigate complex projects
- Can employ a repeatable design process to ship meaningful experiences across web and mobile platforms
- An excellent communicator and can collaborate with engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders
- Proficient in design tools such as Sketch or Figma. (P.S. we’re a Figma shop)
- Passionate about mentoring other designers
- Passionate about our mission to help people find the perfect home
What We Offer
- Great medical, dental, vision insurance options with 90-100% employee premium coverage
- 401k plan + 3% company match
- Stock options
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Mass transit/rideshare stipend
- Health & wellness reimbursements
- Catered meals and stocked kitchen with coffee, snacks and beverages
- Team adventures and outings
- Weekly insight into all major company metrics
- Up to 12-weeks of paid parental leave
Life at Zumper
Zumper HQ is located in the heart of downtown San Francisco, next door to the iconic Transamerica Building. We have offices in Chicago, New York, Providence, and Scottsdale and are lucky to have 200+ team mates across the US.
We care deeply about diversity. We are fostering an environment that celebrates authenticity and enables you to be your best self. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome all applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, or race. We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other employee benefits (Please contact us to request accommodations.)
We are proud to have won awards from Inc. Magazine (2019 Best Places to Work) and SF Business Times (2020 Best Places to Work and 2019 Bay Area Workplace Wellness Award).
Zumper does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, recruitment agencies and/or search firms. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Any submittals without a prior signed agreement will become property of Zumper.