Senior Software Engineer C++ (80-100%)
Zurich Instruments is a technology leader in advanced test and measurement instruments based on dynamic signal processing. Our products are used in many challenging research fields by scientists all over the world. Zurich Instruments' vision is to be the reference for digital instrumentation in leading research and development laboratories.
If you are fascinated by measurement instruments that provide extremely high sensitivity and you are eager to help implement the backend to a highly sophisticated web-based user interface, take this chance to work with our highly skilled Research and Development (R&D) team.
For our R&D team in Zurich, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer.
- Develop efficient and reliable software for our state-of-the-art measurement instruments
- Lead development of software features in our LabOne User Interface team
- Collaborate on architecture, design, and code reviews
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Debug complex problems across the whole stack and find effective fixes
- MSc or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Physics, or Electrical Engineering
- Professional track record of 3+ years in C++ programming of production-quality software and writing maintainable code
- Experience with technologies of the web platform (e.g., web sockets, TypeScript, React) is a strong plus
- Knowledge of multithreaded, concurrent, and asynchronous programming
- Experience with network protocols and the design thereof
- Proficiency in writing unit, integration, and system tests
- Team player enjoying close collaboration with other team members
- Desire to understand the full stack of the software, from web interface down to the measurement instruments
- Fluent in English, additional languages are a plus
We offer a diverse work environment in an international high-tech arena with an open and transparent company culture where personal development forms the basis of our success. We thrive on cooperation and support distributed decision-making that allows everyone to take responsibility and generate substantial impact from the start and on many levels.
Now is a great time to join the team.
We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter.