FPGA and Firmware Engineer (80-100%)
Zurich Instruments is a technology leader in advanced test and measurement instruments based on dynamic signal processing. Our products are used in many challenging research fields by scientists all over the world. Zurich Instruments' vision is to be the reference for digital instrumentation in leading research and development laboratories.
For our Research and Development team in Zurich we are looking for an FPGA and Firmware Engineer. Working with electronics is your passion! You feel challenged and enthusiastic at once about building electronic systems setting new performance benchmarks. This is your chance to work in a high-quality R&D team, building best-in-class measurement hardware and software solutions.
We offer a diverse work environment in an international high-tech arena with an open and transparent company culture where personal development forms the basis of our success. We thrive on cooperation and support distributed decision-making that allows everyone to take responsibility and generate substantial impact from the start and on many levels.
- Conceptualization and specification of digital circuits
- Design, simulation, implementation, and verification of digital circuits on FPGA's
- Embedded software development and verification on multi-processor system-on-chip architectures running Linux
- Bring-up of new hardware
- Close collaboration with software and hardware development teams
- Design documentation
- MSc or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Knowledge of FPGA workflows comprising all stages from modelling to timing closure using modern tools (Python, Vivado)
- In-depth understanding of digital circuit design
- Basic Electrical Engineering test skills including usage of various forms of test/measurement equipment
- Experience with embedded software development
- Good knowledge of VHDL/Verilog/SystemVerilog, and C
- Proficient in English, additional languages are a plus
Zurich Instruments offers a diverse work environment with an open company culture where people develop and form the base of our success.
Now is a great time to be joining the team. We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter.