Lead UX Designer
Zurich Instruments is a technology leader in advanced test and measurement instruments based on dynamic signal processing. Our products are used in many challenging research fields by scientists all over the world. Zurich Instruments' vision is to be the reference for digital instrumentation in leading research and development laboratories.
If you are fascinated by measurement instruments that provide extremely high sensitivity and you are eager to work on modern web applications, take this chance to work in our highly skilled team at the interface of M&S and R&D.
To strengthen our team in Zurich we are looking for a Lead UX Designer.
- Develop a strong user-centred experience for instrument control software LabOne
- Advocate for user needs across teams in a collaborative way
- Lead user research and take ownership of its integration into UX design
- Validate user interactions and work flows with our instruments
- Prototype and develop solutions in collaboration with application scientists, UI designers and front-end developers
- Ensure consistency of the UI and the application of best practices
- BSc or Master’s degree in UX design with a scientific or engineering background
- 3 years of experience as a professional User Experience Designer for the control of external instruments or hardware
- Strong ability to communicate design concept ideas through sketches and prototypes
- Understanding of front-end web technologies that are available to build a great design
- Experience in working closely within cross-functional product teams
- A portfolio or a case study showcasing UX design work
We offer a diverse work environment in an international high-tech arena with an open and transparent company culture where personal development forms the basis of our success. We thrive on cooperation and support distributed decision-making that allows everyone to take responsibility and generate substantial impact from the start and on many levels.
Now is a great time to join the team.
We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter.