Lead Front-End Engineer
Zurich Instruments is a technology leader in advanced test and measurement instruments based on dynamic signal processing. Our products are used in many challenging research fields by scientists all over the world. Zurich Instruments' vision is to be the reference for digital instrumentation in leading research and development laboratories.
If you are fascinated by measurement instruments that provide extremely high sensitivity and you are eager to work on modern web applications, take this chance to work in our highly skilled Research and Development (R&D) team. Our technical stack includes TypeScript, React, Redux-Toolkit, WebGL and Jest, among others.
For our R&D team in Zurich we are looking for a Lead Front-End Engineer.
- Lead the development of modern single-page applications for controlling our state-of-the-art measurement instruments
- As a product owner you will manage the activities in the agile front-end team and interface with stakeholders
- Support and coach front-end developers
- Collaborate on architecture, design and code reviews
- Build prototypes to explore key design concepts and quantify technical constraints
- Analyze difficult user problems and find efficient solutions
- MSc in Computer Science or relevant engineering field
- 5+ years of experience in data-driven high-performance web applications
- Experience with TypeScript, React, Redux and WebSockets
- Experience with Agile development and testing practices
- Experience with: WebGL and shaders; C++; e2e testing
- Product owner experience - if missing, we are happy to support building this competence
- Strong problem-solving skills, verbal and written communication skills
We offer a diverse work environment in an international high-tech arena with an open and transparent company culture where personal development forms the basis of our success. We thrive on cooperation and support distributed decision-making that allows everyone to take responsibility and generate substantial impact from the start and on many levels.
Now is a great time to join the team.
We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter.