Head of Sales, Benelux
Amsterdam, Netherlands /
ZURU Edge – Sales /
ZURU Edge is after a Sales Leader in Benelux to drive our market expansion. In this role, the successful candidate would be responsible for directly contributing to the overall vision and success of the business by developing comprehensive go-to-market strategies, and building/managing partnerships with key retailers across multiple categories and brands.
The Head of Sales for Benelux will play a key role in developing and maintaining long-term relationships with our customers and connecting with key business executives & stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have experience in all stages of the sales cycle. They should have evidence of strong commercial skills, possess good negotiation skills and existing understanding of the retail market including experiences in dealing with big grocery, pet, health, confectionary, and beauty specialist retailers.
- Develop and maintain ZURU Edge’s sales network and channel strategy in Benelux, in line with the business strategy across the Beauty, Baby, Pet, Confectionary and Supplements Business units of ZURU Edge
- Deliver sales presentations to customers, including product demonstrations, sales data information, and outline brand marketing and category strategies
- Collaborate closely with the Global ZURU Edge Teams to define the go-to-market strategy for NPD launches in Benelux
- Negotiate with customers on pricing, packing, cargo ready date and minimum order quantity for each product line
- Keep customers updated with samples, and marketing material when available and provide customers with any spec changes on relevant products
- Work with partners to implement marketing initiatives to support the sales of ZURU Edge
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products
- Provide management with accurate sales forecasts and detailed assessments of the factors influencing sales
- Develop, optimize and execute customer and market P&Ls to deliver year-on-year growth to the business
- Establish and adjust selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with both retail and distributors in the territory
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders weekly to keep up to date on NPD schedule, marketing objectives and branding alignment for the company
- Working collaboratively with Logistics and Marketing team members to build strategic account plans whilst driving the day-to-day business within Benelux.
Skills & Qualification:
- Bachelors Degree in Business or a related discipline is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in account management with consumer goods
- Fluent in English and Dutch , with additional weighting placed on proficiency in other commonly spoken European languages
- Previous CPG industry/top tier consumer goods company experience is preferred
- Experiences in dealing with top grocers such as Ahold, Jumbo, Aldi, Lidl etc.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills that could drive business effectively
- Excellent presentation & interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational & communicational skills
- Good analytical skill, attentive to details and good with numbers
About ZURU Edge
ZURU is a disruptive and award-winning company that designs, develops, manufactures and markets innovative toys. Inspired by kids and imaginative play, ZURU is one of the fastest-growing toy companies and is known for its agility, creativity and new-age manufacturing techniques. The company now has 18 offices globally, with a team of young and incredibly driven individuals based in the Auckland office in New Zealand.
On the back of this success, ZURU has since started leveraging its core competencies in innovation and speed-to-market manufacturing in the Consumer-Packaged-Goods (CPG) space. This has led to the establishment of ZURU Edge, with our mission being to create purpose-driven brands that are relevant to the new millennial and generation Z customers, using highly targeted social & digital advertising with big data.