New Zealand, Auckland /
ZURU Edge – Design /
On a mission to build the brands of tomorrow, ZURU Edge is here to change everything you thought you knew about fast moving consumer goods. Making a huge impact with new generation brands like MONDAY Haircare, Rascal + Friends nappies, Dose & Co ingestible beauty, NOOD pet food and more, ZURU Edge is creating a new status quo—and we’re looking for the best of the best to join us.
As such, we’re looking for a Video Editor with an exceptional creative eye to help us design new brands and create powerful brand stories that capture an audience and drive brand growth. In this role you will be able to bring sight and sounds together in order to tell a cohesive story.
What You'll Do:
- Lead video / film projects across all brands within the ZURU Group portfolio
- Design and create storyboards for video briefs
- Write creative briefs and manage external creative contributors
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is best-in-class
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency
- Plan the shoot with the creative team and the client
- Edit footage in post-production
- Direct other camera operators / freelancers so that the needed footage is acquired
- Mentor junior team members to help develop their technical skill set and creative eye
- Support design team with other tasks as required
What You'll Bring:
- At least 2 years of proven work experience as a Video Editor
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills (responsible for designing and creating storyboards to fit briefs)
About ZURU Edge
ZURU Edge is an award-winning company that designs, develops, manufactures and markets new generation brands to better serve modern consumers. Moving with the energy, direction and pace of today’s world, ZURU Edge is disrupting stale categories and leading them into the 21st century by creating brands driven by purpose, innovation and data.
Part of the ZURU Group, we are on a quest to reimagine tomorrow from A to Z. Founded in 2003, ZURU has rapidly grown and now spans three core divisions—toys, consumer goods and construction. With over 5,000 team members in over 30 global locations, ZURU is perfectly placed to continue building its reputation as one of the fastest-growing and most disruptive companies in the world.