Head of Property/Senior Project Manager
New Zealand, Auckland /
ZURU Group – Property /
ZURU is one of the fastest-growing and most disruptive companies in the world. A Kiwi grassroots start-up turned global, founded in 2003 by New Zealand EY Entrepreneur of the Year and World Entrepreneur Hall of Fame brothers Nick and Mat Mowbray after they left high school. ZURU has quickly grown to over 5000 + team members in over 30 locations. The company started in toys and quickly became one of the largest in the world, competing with comparatively historic household names by disrupting through automation and innovation. Award-winning brands include Bunch O Balloons, Mini Brands, XSHOT, Rainbocorns and Smashers. After so much success, the brothers took that model and applied it to consumer goods, creating their second division, ZURU Edge, and redefining the meaning of FMCG, becoming the fastest-growing consumer goods company in the world with new-age brands including MONDAY Haircare, Rascal + Friends, Dose & Co, NOOD and Bonkers. ZURU Tech, the newest division, is the company's moon shoot project where they endeavour to truly change the world by disrupting the construction industry. With 600 engineers working across 7 locations ZURU Tech towards the ultimate goal of disrupting how the world builds.
The company’s success is driven by the complete embodiment of the ZURU DNA, the very values that ZURU was founded on. These principles have pioneered an A-player team that is committed to winning through a continuous improvement mindset.
Don’t just take our word for it - to see behind the scenes of ZURU check out life@zuru on Instagram or ZURU.com.
We are seeking an experienced, results driven and highly motivated Head of Property to join our global team at ZURU. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the acquisition and development of properties for our global offices and showrooms, as well as managing property leases across the group. We are looking for a self-starter, a project manager, who enjoys working in a super lean team, as our best performing team members spend their time on the ‘dance floor’, rather than watching from the ‘balcony’.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support Country Managers to map out blue-chip global property portfolio based on prioritised target property acquisition list (this has already been prioritised based on business growth objectives and property requirements).
- Support Country Managers and review their target cities research to understand local property opportunities and challenges.
- Support local teams and oversee acquisitions and lead due diligence for target properties.
- Support the development ZURU office/showroom rulebook, to enable our global offices to have a consistent style guide, furniture fit-out schedule, floorplan and fit-out process to leverage off centralised procurement and development out of ZURU China Housing factory (akin to Starbucks, Apple etc.).
- Support local teams by overseeing all development, construction and refurbishment from RFP to overseeing local project management team.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, while ensuring timely and quality completion.
- Working with Service Delivery Manager, plan and manage property development projects, including budget planning, vetting and hiring contractors, managing timelines, implementing global office style guide and overall end to end project management.
- Manage project documentation, including project plans, schedules, and progress reports, including critically assessing and managing project budgets.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with vendors, suppliers, and contractors to ensure timely delivery of services and products.
- Collaborate with international sourcing teams to ensure consistency and efficiency in procurement.
- Develop and implement best practices and procedures to improve project management processes and outcomes.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path activities.
- Monitor and report on project progress to senior management, stakeholders, and partners.
- Establish and manage robust systems/processes across all areas of development and project management.
- Create a repository/framework to manage all non-owned property leases across group.
- Support local teams (excluding China) with any new lease agreement and renewals, and assessment against property acquisition.
- Manage all owned property leases across group to annually assess market values and associated market rental rates.
- Adhoc support to local teams in the management of the family residential/lifestyle properties.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Minimum 8 years experience of medium scale project management in the property development sector working across multiple projects.
- Minimum 5 years directly project managing the commercial fit-out of properties, including those with a consistent look, feel and floor-print.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing remote, or out of region projects.
- Exceptional project management skills, including time management, organisational skills, and ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency in project management tools and software.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with internal and external
- Good understanding of global property markets and regulatory requirements.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to develop positive relationships with vendors, suppliers, and contractors.
- Ability to travel internationally as needed.
At ZURU, we have cultivated a high-performing culture that encourages excellence. Our team works towards ambitious goals, learning, performing, and improving together, all while having fun. We empower talented individuals to do their best work every day.
At ZURU, you get out what you put in. You are responsible for driving your own career and we provide the platform to achieve it. As ZURU is on such a fast growth trajectory, there are opportunities here that you won’t find anywhere else.
We recognise that ZURU’s success stems from our people and you can only be at your best when you are looking after yourself. ZURU encourages all our team members to invest in their wellbeing by providing an array of benefits and tools.
WHAT WE OFFER
🌱 Culture for Growth
🧘 Health & Well Being Benefits (including an onsite 24/7 gym)
🌎 Global Opportunities
💡 Surrounded by an A Player Team
💰 Competitive Remuneration
🐶 Furry Office Friends
🍓 Lots of fresh fruit, coffee, pals fridge and more
ZURU – Tomorrow Reimagined 🚀