Brand Manager - Canada
Canada, Ontario /
ZURU Toys – Brand Marketing /
Do you love Toys? Do you have a desire to bring creative ideas to life and a sharp eye for evaluating what’s effective? Then join ZURU whilst we are going through substantial growth, and become a valuable member of the Global Marketing team.
We reimagine play, every day. At ZURU, we are designing iconic toys for the next generation. We are the ‘big kids', creative forces, dedicated specialists, those passionate about innovation and lovers of life, creating magic for kids all over the world.
As a Brand Manager, you will have ownership of the execution of our local commercial strategies from budgeting, planning, media execution, and bespoke retail activations across Canada. You will produce strategic and effective campaigns for ZURU’s portfolio of brands across the girls and boys toy segments that drive brand awareness, engagement with core target audiences and profitable growth through sales conversion. You will support the Canadian Country Manager achieve sales targets and overall goals of the business. You will champion your market within the Global Marketing Team and own every touchpoint families and kids have with our brands in Canadian market.
- LOCAL INVESTMENT & MEDIA + TRADE EXECUTION
- Alignment of brand and SKU investment with Country Managers. Ie investment in price vs media vs trade.
- Local media budgeting based off orders. Ensuring investing at right levels based on shipments and performance
- Media planning (Spring and Fall) and cascading plans to Specialist, Sales & Ops teams
- Execute trade marketing strategy with core KPIs around permanent brand blocking, displays and signage
- PREVIEWS AND SELL-IN SUPPORT
- Localize all Global media Preview slides and overlay with bespoke retail plans to unlock bigger retail programs
- Localize Global Brand email updates and send to local retail and trade partners driving credibility of programs
- PRODUCT & MEDIA PERFORMANCE
- Review POS performance weekly and align on actions with sales and ops teams
- Weekly media updates based on POS reads and performance with all actions cascaded
- LEVELING UP RELATIONSHIPS
- Build and manage retail marketing relationships: Co-op marketing, content asks, eCommerce displays
- Management of local agencies/partners where needed – media, translation, VOD partners, local Disney etc
- CONTENT TRANSLATION AND LOCALIZATION
- Brief in all local VOD edits to Internal Design Team
- Manage translation for all assets with copy across VOD, Social, Instore – scoping translation agencies to manage
- Brief in additional assets and content asks from retail
- Brief in all additional paid content needed to drive success in market
Skills & Experience:
- 2-3 years’ experience in a global or local brand marketing role.
- Ability to multi-task and be able to set priorities, stay focused, and set clear milestones.
- A go-getter with energy and determination to continuously improve and push boundaries.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills as well as strong presentation skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and advanced proficiency in PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage workload across different time zones.
ZURU is a disruptive and award-winning company that designs, manufactures and markets innovative toys and consumer products. Inspired by kids and imaginative play, ZURU is one of the fastest growing toy companies in the world and is known for their agility, creativity and new-age manufacturing techniques. The company that started in New Zealand and is now headquartered in Hong Kong, now directly or indirectly employs more than 5,000 staff across 10 countries and distributes to most major retailers in over 120 countries. ZURU has delighted millions of families all over the world with brands such as Bunch O Balloons™, X-Shot™, Rainbocorns™, Robo Alive™, Smashers™, 5 Surprise™, Pets Alive™ and Metal Machines™ as well as through partnerships with entertainment properties, including Nickelodeon, Disney, Universal Studios and DreamWorks.