Senior Key Account Manager - Drug & Discount
United States, Minneapolis /
ZURU Edge – Commercial Sales /
ZURU is one of the fastest growing consumer goods companies in the world; known for its agility, creativity and new-age manufacturing techniques. We are looking for an exceptional Senior Account Manager to join the ZURU team In Minneapolis to lead our Discounters + Drug consumer goods business.
- Disrupt the market to better meet consumer & customer needs: develop and execute the country commercial strategy to disrupt established players and achieve ZURU company goals across customers and verticals.
- Drive ZURU financial performance to unlock the fuel for further investment in better consumer experience: win with customer partners, maximizing ZURU P&L delivery & unlocking margin to reinvest in game-changing Innovation.
- Build long term strategic partnerships that create mutual value & enable delivery of our customer partner's business goals: negotiate and execute Joint Business Plans that deliver on both ZURU’s and our customer's needs
- Drive ZURU’s strategy through customer advocacy and ability to influence internally: leverage insights to drive ZURU’s direction – ensuring customers and their consumers are at the heart of all account decision making.
- Work cross functionally to create and execute the Discounters + Drug customer trade strategy, deciding account and 4P execution across all customers to maximize performance.
- Execute with excellence: maximize availability, visibility and awareness of ZURU brands instore and online via best in class delivery of distribution, feature, display and marketing activation across our biggest bets.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop and execute marketing campaigns, product launches, and promotional activities to drive brand awareness and demand generation.
- Be a captain of culture for ZURU: ensure as ZURU rapidly grows we maintain the magic, entrepreneurial culture that enables us to challenge the status quo and win together – whilst always ensuring we put people first
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Develop the commercial strategy for the Discounters + Drug channels, then leverage to build strategic customer relationships ensuring delivery of market beating market share & profitability growth across key verticals. You will ensure ZURU is capturing or over-indexing its Share of Shelf vs competitors, working closely with commercial, marketing & supply teams to achieve distribution goals and maximize performance at shelf. You will be able to work and deliver results while working as part of a cross-functional team across different time zones.
CORE ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete ownership of the channel P&L, responsible for driving sales, optimizing trade investment and maximizing product mix to achieve financial goals.
- Devise the channel commercial strategy and influence cross-functional adoption to secure the tools, products and support you need to drive your business & win in.
- Ownership of key account relationships with responsibility of building long term alignment to enable delivery of mutually aligned strategic & financial goals.
- Lead cross-functional business teams to drive over achievement against customer sales performance, P&L and supply metrics.
- Constantly add value by developing and improving commercial processes to improve performance and drive efficiencies.
- Foster a team culture that supports achievement of record breaking market disruption and rapid growth whilst resolving business issues, building relationships and influencing broader capability development.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Proven track record of at least 5-7 years in business management roles within the consumer goods industry, preferably with experience in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment.
- Major Discounters + Drug experience preferred.
- Strong commercial & business acumen, strategic thinking and problem-solving capability.
- Strong communication & influencing skills, with the ability to translate messages across a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must have strong leadership capability Including the ability to influence and motivate cross-functional teams, while holding stakeholders accountable to deliver on business objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Please note: this is a full-time position based In Minneapolis
- Please note: US work permit required
ZURU is a disruptive and award-winning company that designs, manufactures and markets innovative toys and consumer products. Inspired by kids and imaginative play, ZURU is one of the fastest growing toy companies in the world and is known for their agility, creativity and new-age manufacturing techniques. The company that started in New Zealand now employs more than 5,000 staff across 10 countries and distributes to most major retailers in over 120 countries.
ZURU Toys has delighted millions of families all over the world with brands such as Bunch O Balloons™, X-Shot™, Rainbocorns™, Robo Alive™, Smashers™, 5 Surprise™, Pets Alive™ and Metal Machines™ as well as through partnerships with entertainment properties, including Nickelodeon, Disney, Universal Studios and DreamWorks.
On the back of this success, ZURU leverages its core competencies in innovation and speed-to-market manufacturing in the CPG space. This has led to the establishment of ZURU Edge, with our mission being to create purpose-driven brands that are relevant to the new millennial and generation Z customers, using highly targeted social & digital advertising with big data.