Commercial Director - Wellness
New Zealand, Auckland /
ZURU Edge – Commercial Sales /
ZURU is on a mission to disrupt across industries, to challenge the status quo and catalyst change through radical innovation and automation advances. This is in play in different pillars of the company: ZURU Toys are re-imagining what it means to play; ZURU Tech are shaping a better future by leading the next building revolution; ZURU Edge is pioneering new generation FMCG brands to better serve modern consumers.
Founded in 2003 by EY Entrepreneur of the Year and World Entrepreneur Hall of Fame brothers Nick and Mat Mowbray, ZURU has quickly grown to a team of over 5000 direct and indirect members across more than 30 international locations.
One of the largest toy companies in the world, globally recognised and award-winning brands include Bunch O Balloons, Mini Brands, XSHOT, Rainbocorns and Smashers. Our global FMCG brands include MONDAY Haircare, Rascal + Friends, NOOD, BONKERS =, Gumi Yum Surprise and Dose & Co.
As the Commercial Director for ZURU Edge's Wellness Vertical, you will play a crucial role in our mission of driving innovation and disruption in the wellness category on a global scale. You will provide leadership and strategic direction to the business, set financial targets and manage the P&L, and develop growth plans and go-to-market strategies. In doing so, you will also be our Wellness category expert and champion within the commercial and sales function and use this knowledge to build relationships with retailers and distribution partners globally and collaborate with and motivate cross-functional teams.
How You Will Make An Impact
- Provide leadership and strategic direction: mould data and insights into actions by playing a key role in the annual planning process. Set overall vertical direction in conjunction with the senior vertical team and ZURU leadership and build strategies that lead to driving innovation and disruption in the wellness category on a global scale.
- Ownership of financial planning and the P&L: set and achieve revenue and profitability targets for the Wellness vertical by proactively managing customer sales and profit potential.
- Be the expert of the Wellness category within our commercial and sales function: build an excellent understanding of key category challenges, objectives and competitors and use this insight to work collaboratively with sales and account management teams to bring best-in-class commercial strategies to life.
- Build growth plans and go-to-market strategies: develop comprehensive growth plans with both new and existing accounts, including Joint Business Plans (JBPs) with key partners and go-to-market strategies for new product development and geographic expansion. Work closely with our sales and account management function to execute these plans effectively.
- Be a captain for culture for team Wellness: ensure as our team and brands continue to grow, we maintain the magic, entrepreneurial culture that enables us to challenge the status quo and win together – whilst always ensuring we put people first.
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or a related discipline is preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in commercial sales within consumer goods.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and strategic thinking.
- Excellent financial acumen and financial planning abilities.
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers, suppliers and internal teams.
At ZURU, we have cultivated a high-performing culture that encourages excellence. Our team works towards ambitious goals, learning, performing, and improving together, all while having fun. We empower talented individuals to do their best work every day.
At ZURU, you get out what you put in. You are responsible for driving your own career and we provide the platform to achieve it. As ZURU is on such a fast growth trajectory, there are opportunities here that you won’t find anywhere else.
We recognise that ZURU’s success stems from our people and you can only be at your best when you are looking after yourself. ZURU encourages all our team members to invest in their wellbeing by providing an array of benefits and tools.
What We Offer
🌱 Culture for Growth
🧘 Health & Well Being Benefits (including an onsite 24/7 gym)
🌎 Global Opportunities
💡 Surrounded by an A Player Team
💰 Competitive Remuneration
🐶 Furry Office Friends
🍓 Lots of fresh fruit, coffee, pals fridge and more
ZURU – Tomorrow Reimagined 🚀