Senior Key Account Manager (Walmart)
ZURU Toys – Sales /
ZURU is on a mission to disrupt across industries, challenge the status quo and catalyst change through radical innovation and automation advances. This is in play in different pillars of the company: ZURU Toys are re-imagining what it means to play; ZURU Tech is shaping a better future by leading the next building revolution; ZURU Edge is pioneering new generation FMCG brands to better serve modern consumers.
Founded in 2003 by EY Entrepreneur of the Year and World Entrepreneur Hall of Fame brothers Nick and Mat Mowbray, ZURU has quickly grown to a team of over 5000 direct and indirect members across more than 30 international locations.
One of the largest toy companies in the world, globally recognised and award-winning brands include Bunch O Balloons, Mini Brands, XSHOT, Rainbocorns and Smashers. Our global FMCG brands include MONDAY Haircare, Rascal + Friends, NOOD, BONKERS, Gumi Yum Surprise and Dose & Co.
As the Key Account Manager for Walmart, your primary role is to own and nurture the partnership between ZURU and Walmart., ensuring a mutually beneficial collaboration. You will be responsible for translating Walmart's strategy into actionable plans that drive commercial success for ZURU brands within the Walmart ecosystem.
What you'll do:
· Own Walmart Inc. merchant partnership for respective business to illustrate commercial maturity and command commercial trust.
o Listen rigorously to merchant strategy and direction to translate for best partnership outcome for ZURU brands and Walmart inc.
o Have a maniacal focus on serving the merchant with excellence…speed, diligence, and accuracy in response
o Keep regularly scheduled contact with the merchant to ensure business continuity and trust
o Drive proactive communication of ZURU strategy and innovation well before the preview season and drive co-creation opportunities
o Navigate feedback and objections to prepare previews for best success
o Be the expert on respective brands for digital strategy (e-commerce)
o Forecast, flow plan, and chase/cancel management.
· Own Walmart Inc. ZURU P&L for respective brands to deliver financially sound business solutions for ZURU and Walmart Inc.
o Influence cross-functional support to secure the tools and resources you need to drive your business
o Drive ZURU financial performance to unlock the fuel for further investment in better consumer experience: win with customer partners, maximizing ZURU P&L delivery & unlocking margin to reinvest in game-changing Innovation
· Understand and manage business through core DPSM (4P) principles
o Execute with excellence: maximize availability, visibility and awareness of ZURU brands instore and online via best in class delivery of distribution, feature, display and marketing activation across our biggest bets
o Drive price leadership channel pricing principles
o Collaborate with the marketing team to develop and execute customer specific marketing campaigns
o Proactively secure and utilize market data (qualitative and quantitative) to drive consumer and category led solutions
· Build long term strategic partnerships that create mutual value & enable delivery of our customer partner's business goals: negotiate and execute Joint Business Plans that deliver on both ZURU’s and our customer's needs
· Lead cross-functional business teams to drive over achievement against customer sales performance, P&L and supply metrics
o Be able to work across different time zones
What you'll bring:
· Proven track record of 4+ years in business management roles within the consumer goods industry, preferably with experience in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment
o Walmart Inc. customer experience preferred
· Strong commercial & business acumen, strategic listening & thinking, and problem-solving capability
· Strong communication & influencing skills, with the ability to translate messages across a variety of internal and external stakeholders
· Must have strong leadership capability Including the ability to influence and motivate cross-functional teams, while holding stakeholders accountable to deliver on business objectives
· Bachelor’s degree
· Please note: this is a full-time position and a US work permit is required
At ZURU, we have cultivated a high-performing culture that encourages excellence. Our team works towards ambitious goals, learning, performing, and improving together, all while having fun. We empower talented individuals to do their best work every day.
At ZURU, you get out what you put in. You are responsible for driving your own career and we provide the platform to achieve it. As ZURU is on such a fast growth trajectory, there are opportunities here that you won’t find anywhere else.
We recognise that ZURU’s success stems from our people and you can only be at your best when you are looking after yourself. ZURU encourages all our team members to invest in their wellbeing by providing an array of benefits and tools.
WHAT WE OFFER
🌱 Culture for Growth
🌎 Global Opportunities
💡 Surrounded by an A Player Team
💰 Competitive Remuneration
ZURU – Tomorrow Reimagined