Head of Sales - LATAM
Mexico, Mexico City /
ZURU Toys – Sales /
The Head of Sales in LATAM is responsible for driving strategy, sales, business planning, profit margin and stakeholder management for the region. The right candidate will be an expert in preparing and delivering strong brand presentations, and managing the complete sales process with the goal of meeting or exceeding revenue targets and growth objectives. This position will develop the commercial strategy, analyse business performance and work with partners to develop growth objectives, with focus on growing ZURU to a strategic supplier with all major customers. The Head of Sales has good knowledge of industry trends, competitors, marketplace dynamics and opportunities in the assigned region. The role will include the management of several direct reports with the scope to build out the team where needed to facilitate growth in the region.
- Responsible for developing and executing strategic plans to achieve sales targets and expand the customer base in LATAM. The customer's sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales budgets by account and by region
- Focus on ZURU Big Bets and drive our Share of Shelf (SOS) and Share of Retailers Assets (SOA) within our platform brands.
- Understand the key performance indicators for your customers and develop Joint Business Plans for each customer to achieve growth
- Develop and execute Category plan with optimal product mix and marketing by partnering with the global commercial and local marketing team.
- Manage promotions and markdown to ensure profitability goals are met. Track POS and quickly react to change plans where required.
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Create sales dashboards with all key metrics to ensure financial goals are on track; present dashboard to the executive management team.
- Attend local and international trade fairs.
- Experience in Toy or relevant CPG Industry with proven track record in a sales leadership role
- 10+ years of experience in a high-paced, driven environment, with a consistent track record for achieving and exceeding sales goals.
- Relentless can do attitude and solution focused mindset
- Native Spanish Speaker, Excellent understanding of English
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Excellent presentation & interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational & communicational skills
- Good analytical skill, attentive to details and good with numbers
- Proficiency in MS Office especially in PPT and Excel
- Willing to join a fast-paced and growing company international company
ZURU is a disruptive and award-winning company that designs, manufactures and markets innovative toys and consumer products. Inspired by kids and imaginative play, ZURU is one of the fastest growing toy companies in the world and is known for their agility, creativity and new-age manufacturing techniques. The company that started in New Zealand now employs more than 5,000 staff across 10 countries and distributes to most major retailers in over 120 countries.
ZURU Toys has delighted millions of families all over the world with brands such as Bunch O Balloons™, X-Shot™, Rainbocorns™, Robo Alive™, Smashers™, 5 Surprise™, Pets Alive™ and Metal Machines™ as well as through partnerships with entertainment properties, including Nickelodeon, Disney, Universal Studios and DreamWorks.
On the back of this success, ZURU has started leveraging its core competencies in innovation and speed-to-market manufacturing in the CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods) space. This has led to the establishment of ZURU Edge, with our mission being to create purpose-driven brands that are relevant to the new millennial and generation Z customers, using highly targeted social & digital advertising with big data.