Country Sales Manager - Japan
Japan, Remote /
ZURU Toys – Sales /
ZURU is on a mission to build the brands of tomorrow. We believe every child should have access to toys hence we build toys that are affordable for every family and brings joy to the kids.
We are on the lookout for a dynamic Sales person in Japan who would help us achieve this mission by growing our presence in Japan.
The job duties of the Country Manager is not limited to
1) Country Management
· Spearhead the growth of ZURU in Japan by developing and further engaging with the sales networks
· Implement and localize the Global business and brand strategies from head office at a local level
· Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for Japan, projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
· Own budgets and reach/exceed annual sales targets whilst maintaining margin integrity.
· Tailor Global sales decks into best-in-class, analytical presentations for key customers, including product demonstrations, sales data information, and outline brand marketing and category strategies
· Build and maintain strong relationships with the brand marketing team in NZ to maximize all opportunities
· Provide regular reports and analysis on KPIs, pipeline development, and product performance within Mexico
· Provide market highlight and lowlight feedback to the Commercial lead team (NZ) and senior management monthly
· Conduct regular local store checks to allow meaningful analysis of price strategy and line architecture of our own and our competitor's ranges
2) Account Management
· Negotiate with customers on pricing, packing, cargo ready date, and minimum order quantities for each product line
· Follow up and secure PO plus TT/LC, all shipping information i.e. markings, forwarder, all testing requirements, etc.
· Keep customers updated with samples, and marketing material when available and provide customers with any spec changes on relevant products.
· Work with partners and ZURU’s internal marketing team to implement marketing initiatives for key store strategy online and offline, including digital and physical market runs and following up on the corrective actions
· Establish and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
· Identify strong local partners to develop new retail and distribution channels.
· Establish and maintain strong relationships with both retail and distributors in the territory.
· Collaborate with internal stakeholders regularly to keep up to date on the NPD schedule, marketing objectives, and branding alignment for the company.
· Attend & participate in major International Trade Fairs when needed.
2) Sales Administration
· Send through all order confirmations to China Team and ensure they are raised on the system effectively.
· Provide forecast/order details for each Licensor forecast per quarter
· Organize any deliveries for any samples sent out for your clients when needed.
· Streamline customer database
· Email the client about any product updates, marketing strategy, supply chain management, and future product placements.
· Check all data on sales reports is accurate.
· Update price list when required.
· Point of contact for a client with regards to pricing issues etc.
· Maintain and improve, where possible, all relationships with ZURU customers
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related discipline is preferred.
- 8+ years of sales experience, with outstanding sales performance
- Relentless can do attitude and solution-focused mindset
- Proven track record in effective leadership
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Previous Toy industry experience is essential, with CRM experience.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills that could drive business effectively.
- Excellent presentation & interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational & communicational skills
- Good analytical skills, attentive to details, and good with numbers
- Proficiency in MS Office especially in PPT and Excel
- Willing to join a fast-paced and growing company international company
ZURU is a disruptive and award-winning company that designs, manufactures and markets innovative toys and consumer products. Inspired by kids and imaginative play, ZURU is one of the fastest growing toy companies in the world and is known for their agility, creativity and new-age manufacturing techniques. The company that started in New Zealand and is now headquartered in Hong Kong, now directly or indirectly employs more than 5,000 staff across 10 countries and distributes to most major retailers in over 120 countries. ZURU has delighted millions of families all over the world with brands such as Bunch O Balloons™, X-Shot™, Rainbocorns™, Robo Alive™, Smashers™, 5 Surprise™, Pets Alive™ and Metal Machines™ as well as through partnerships with entertainment properties, including Nickelodeon, Disney, Universal Studios and DreamWorks.
At ZURU we are on a mission that is bigger than any one of us. To achieve this, we have created a high-performance culture that is designed to foster greatness and are building an exceptional team. We believe a great workplace is a team working towards ambitious goals, where you learn quickly, perform excellent work, improve fast and have fun while you’re doing it. We have a culture where incredibly talented people are empowered to do their best work every day. We love being on a world class team that is making a difference.
The ZURU team is full of self-motivated, diverse, smart people with a passion for doing things better.
At ZURU, you get out what you put in. You are responsible for driving your own career and we provide the platform to achieve it. As ZURU is on such a fast growth trajectory, there are opportunities here that you won’t find anywhere else.
ZURU is unique, exciting and bold and will provide you with growth opportunities that you never dreamed possible.
Our values are:
CURIOSITY | Question everything, assume nothing. Think new. Stay curious. Challenge the norm. Keep learning.
INNOVATION | Tear it apart, rebuild it better. Innovate always. Solve problems. Hero creativity. Find the edge.
TENACITY | Be tenacious. Dive in. Go for best. Play to your strengths. Win or fail fast and learn from it.
NIMBLENESS | Run, don't walk. Keep moving. Think forward. Pivot and flex.
INTEGRITY | Care deeply. Act with integrity. Take responsibility. Work passionately. Make an impact.
COLLABORATION | Work as a team. Care as a family. Have fun. Share the vision. Inspire others.