Mechanical Product Design Engineer
United States, Los Angeles /
ZURU Tech – Product Development /
At ZURU Tech we are innovating to change the way the world builds. Creating disruptive solutions for the construction industry, working with world-leading talent to apply the most advanced digital technologies to building processes. From design to manufacturing to construction, we’re looking for the driven and the brave to join us on our journey, helping to revolutionize how buildings are created at every stage of the process.
We’re looking for a hands-on, well-rounded mechanical engineer who can help us design Building components from the ground up. This is not a role for an application engineer who wants to use standard off-the-shelf parts, but rather an exciting opportunity for a person who will help us design a system that’s tailored for the ZURU housing project. As an out-of-the-box thinker with a can-do attitude, you will work alongside a team of product development engineers to design a new generation of buildings. Previous experience in building product design is a plus, but not required. This is not a task for one person, so you will have a chance to build a team around you.
NB: This is a Full-Time position based in the LA office (El Segundo)
What You'll Do:
- Develop new products and building components to be used in the ZURU Tech Buildings. We are currently developing structural components, mechanical and electrical systems, façade and building envelope products, finish materials, and all the logistics and shipping that goes with it. If you have talent, we have a place for you.
- Develop detailed designs and specifications for mechanical and building products, hardware, connections, and assemblies.
- Coordinate with and consult other team members on design, layout, or detail components and systems and resolve design or other problems.
- Use commonly used tools such as SolidWorks, AutoCAD, and FEA software.
- Work alongside our product development engineering team.
- Work on establishing, developing, and implementing best-in-class products of the highest quality and longevity.
- Push the envelope of what is technically possible and dream up new ideas for the best products.
- Work with our prototyping and testing departments to validate designs and performance.
- Work alongside the code compliance team to design a product that can be used in all our target markets.
- Work with our software teams to develop our own software to design, validate, and implement the developed products.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline.
- 2+ years of professional experience in product development.
- Experience using SolidWorks and 2D drawing software.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Willingness to travel is a plus.
- Valid US work permit is required.
- Be sure to visit www.ZURU.tech to get a greater understanding of what we're building
- Then follow the link below to apply
ZURU Tech is developing a project to completely change the way buildings are designed and built. We are creating the world's first building information modeling application that is fully connected to a Industry 4.0 capable factory to manufacture any building. We are disrupting the building industry with an international team of highly motivated and skilled people collaborating to create a fully integrated construction experience.
Could this be you? Whether you are a new graduate or an experienced professional, we are looking for passionate individuals with the X factor who are creative, self-starting and have the ability to think outside the box - come and build your future with ZURU Tech.