In-house Legal Counsel
New Zealand, Auckland /
ZURU Group – Legal /
The world is changing. People want better. They need better. And they deserve better. From the products we use, to the way we play, to the places we call home—it’s time for a new status quo. So here at ZURU, we’re questioning everything. Pulling it apart. Pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to rebuild it better.
ZURU is looking for an In-House Counsel to help us continue our journey and disrupt, innovate and reimagine tomorrow from A to Z.
We are looking for a self-motivated lawyer with strong commercial contract skills and 3-6 years' post qualification experience to join our team based in Auckland. This role offers wide scope and autonomy. Reporting into the COO you will primarily responsible for providing legal advice and support across ZURU globally.
What You'll Do
- Provide legal support for global marketing, sales, product design and development, concept acquisition and creative services groups.
- Counsel on a broad range of legal issues, including licensing, marketing, advertising, promotions, social media, privacy, regulatory and compliance matters, contract interpretation.
- Negotiate and draft a variety of contracts, including in-licenses with inventors and entertainment companies, marketing and promotions agreements.
- Review and advise on product development, product packaging, and all manner of advertising and marketing materials, including television commercials, print ads, digital media campaigns, contests, sweepstakes and other promotions.
- Coordinate with internal legal and non-legal resources as necessary to address legal and business issues; manage external legal resources.
- Work directly with and advise on legal issues succinctly to senior executives/business owners.
- Provide internal education and training on relevant legal issues
- Provide legal support and advice on licensing of brands (predominantly mini-brands).
- Advise on legal aspects of company structuring (in partnership with the Tax team)
- Participate in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures and programs and provides continuing counsel and guidance on legal matters and on legal implications of all matters.
What You'll Bring
- Solicitor holding a New Zealand practising certificate with at least three years' PQE (in-house experience preferred).
- A significant plus is licensing experience, whether representing licensors or licensees.
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues
- An ability to assess and evaluate a broad range of legal issues and risks and provide commercially focussed practical legal advice
- A natural ability and desire to work collaboratively with our team and business partners
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage at all levels of the organisation
About ZURU Group
At ZURU Group, we are on a quest to disrupt, innovate and reimagine tomorrow from A to Z. Founded in 2003, our vision is to be the biggest consumer goods, toy and construction company in the world. And nearly twenty years later, we are well on track to be just that! ZURU has already disrupted countless categories, created dozens of award-winning brands and built world-leading automated manufacturing systems. Next, ZURU is revolutionising the way we build to bring greater flexibility, speed, affordability, quality and sustainability to the construction industry.
With over 5,000 team members in over 30 global locations, ZURU is perfectly placed to continue building its reputation as one of the fastest-growing and most disruptive companies in the world.
We recognise that ZURU’s success stems from our people and you can only be at your best when you are looking after yourself. ZURU encourages all our team members to invest in their wellbeing by providing an array of benefits and tools.
What ZURU Offers You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Health & Well Being Benefits | Global Opportunities | A Player Team | Competitive Remuneration | Furry Office Friends |