Product Design Engineer
New Zealand, Auckland /
ZURU Tech – Tech /
ZURU Tech NZ is looking for great Product Development Engineers to join our team working to disrupt the international construction industry. We are building a new housing system from the ground up, redesigning every aspect on the way.
Our goal is to build our NZ engineering hub by attracting the best talent in NZ. This is a great chance to join a highly innovative, well-funded and fast-paced team at an early stage of the project. It’s the best parts of being in a startup, with fewer constraints and a great office.
If you live and breathe engineering, have a hands-on mindset and want to disrupt industries around the world with innovative engineering solutions, ZURU Tech is the place to be. www.zuru.tech
Duties & Responsibilities
- Define, own and drive projects within ZURU Tech Prefabricated Housing (and wider ZURU), providing engineering solutions to business-critical challenges and pushing boundaries.
- Analyse requirements of different product categories within the prefabricated construction industry, including structural, MEP, facades and more.
- Optimise the ZURU House for production, keeping in mind structural design requirements, manufacturability, and ease of use during assembly.
- Collaborate with the product testing team to validate and verify designs against requirements, including required standards.
- Collaborate with manufacturing teams in China to improve the product for manufacturing and assist in developing manufacturing processes for all product variants.
- Communicate with software team in Italy to ensure products are accurately represented in design software, with a clear understanding of all features and requirements.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering, or other related fields.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Proven background of great product development, and problem-solving skills within the engineering space.
- Skilled in Solidworks or other computer aided design software.
- Can multi-task, take initiative, prioritise, stay organised, and manage time effectively.
- Great communication skills to collaborate with an international team of engineers.
- Are driven to help solve the housing crisis around the world.
ZURU is a disruptive and award-winning company that designs, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative toys and FMCG products. Originally inspired by kids and imaginative play, ZURU is known for its agility, creativity, and new-age manufacturing techniques. The company now has 18 offices globally, with a team of passionate and driven individuals based in the Auckland office in New Zealand.
ZURU Tech is completely changing the way buildings are designed and built. We are disrupting the building industry with a skilled international team, [BM1] collaborating to create a seamless design to construction experience with our inhouse software through to automated fabrication. In addition, our engineering teams are also providing solutions and ensuring innovation across wider ZURU group (Toys/Edge/Tech).