Key Account Manager
United States, Minneapolis
ZURU Toys – Sales /
🌐 We are currently on the lookout for a skilled Key Account Manager situated in Minneapolis. This individual will play a pivotal role in driving the growth of ZURU Toy's North American toy division through expert relationship management and strategic market expansion. Join us in advancing the success of ZURU Toys! 🚀
ZURU is on a mission to disrupt across industries, challenge the status quo and catalyst change through radical innovation and automation advances. This is in play in different pillars of the company: ZURU Toys are re-imagining what it means to play; ZURU Tech is shaping a better future by leading the next building revolution; ZURU Edge is pioneering new generation FMCG brands to better serve modern consumers.
Founded in 2003 by EY Entrepreneur of the Year and World Entrepreneur Hall of Fame brothers Nick and Mat Mowbray, ZURU has quickly grown to a team of over 5000 direct and indirect members across more than 30 international locations.
One of the largest toy companies in the world, globally recognised and award-winning brands include Bunch O Balloons, Mini Brands, XSHOT, Rainbocorns and Smashers. Our global FMCG brands include MONDAY Haircare, Rascal + Friends, NOOD, BONKERS, Gumi Yum Surprise and Dose & Co.
- ZURU is one of the fastest growing companies in the world that is known for its agility, creativity and new-age manufacturing techniques. We are now looking for an exceptional Key Account Manager to help continue to unlock our growth potential.
- Disrupt the market to better meet consumer & customer needs: develop and execute the customer strategic plans to disrupt established players and achieve ZURU company goals across all toy categories.
- Territory includes Off Price and Dollar accounts. Must have familiarity with managing this channel and the ability to manage a $10MM+ territory. Current retail relationships are also a plus.
- Execute with excellence: maximize availability, visibility and awareness of ZURU brands instore and online via best in class delivery of distribution, feature, display and marketing activation across our biggest bets.
- Be a captain of culture for ZURU: ensure as ZURU rapidly grows we maintain the magic, entrepreneurial culture that enables us to challenge the status quo and win together – whilst always ensuring we put people first.
How You Will Make An Impact
- Focus on building strategic relationships with your key accounts across all buying teams, ensuring our Platform Brands and Big Bet items are maximised every season. In doing so you will ensure ZURU is capturing or over-indexing its Share of Shelf vs competitors. You will work closely with commercial, sales ops and marketing teams to craft pitches to grow listings and drive growth. You will be able to work and deliver results while working as part of a cross-functional team across different time zones.
Core Roles & Responsibilities
- Share of Shelf Excellence: Ensure ZURU captures or over-indexes Share of Shelf against competitors by collaborating with commercial, marketing, and supply teams, delivering results across diverse time zones.
- Commercial Process Enhancement: Constantly add value by developing and improving commercial processes to enhance performance and drive efficiencies.
- Go-to-Market Strategy Execution: As Key Account Manager, build and execute go-to-market plans for ZURU’s toy brands, including Toy Fair Line Reviews in our Los Angeles Center of Excellence.
- Execution Excellence: Demonstrate excellence as a Team Player through daily communication with the China Merchandising team, assisting with import orders, and collaborating with the finance team on account receivables and terms.
- Cultural Captaincy: Embrace ZURU's culture by promoting collaboration, meticulous attention to detail, leadership by experts, continuous improvement, and an unwavering commitment to never stop hustling.
Skills & Experience Required
- Toy Industry experience preferred but not required
- Strong commercial & business acumen, strategic thinking and problem-solving
- Must demonstrate leadership ability and be able to influence and motivate cross-functional teams, while holding stakeholders accountable to deliver on business objectives
- Strong communication & influencing skills, with the ability to translate messages across a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Please note: This is a full-time position based onsite in our ZURU office
- Please note: US work permit required
- Occasional weekend work and up to 50% travel required
At ZURU, we have cultivated a high-performing culture that encourages excellence. Our team works towards ambitious goals, learning, performing, and improving together, all while having fun. We empower talented individuals to do their best work every day.
At ZURU, you get out what you put in. You are responsible for driving your own career and we provide the platform to achieve it. As ZURU is on such a fast growth trajectory, there are opportunities here that you won’t find anywhere else.
We recognise that ZURU’s success stems from our people and you can only be at your best when you are looking after yourself. ZURU encourages all our team members to invest in their wellbeing by providing an array of benefits and tools.
ZURU – Tomorrow Reimagined