Vice President of Sales (Target)
United States, Minneapolis /
ZURU Toys – Sales /
ZURU is one of the fastest growing companies in the world that is known for its agility, creativity and new-age manufacturing techniques. We are now looking for an exceptional VP of TOYS (Target) to join the ZURU Sales team in our Minneapolis office.
- ZURU is one of the fastest growing companies in the world that is known for its agility, creativity and new-age manufacturing techniques. We are now looking for an exceptional Vice President to join the ZURU team in our Minneapolis office leading our Toys portfolio.
- Disrupt the market to better meet consumer & customer needs: develop and execute the customer strategic plans to disrupt established players and achieve ZURU company goals across all toy categories.
- Drive ZURU financial performance to unlock the fuel for further investment in growing our share of shelf: proactively manage Target sales and profit potential to maximize ZURU P&L delivery, unlocking margin to reinvest in our biggest bets.
- Build long term strategic partnerships that create mutual value & enable delivery of our Target’s business goals: negotiate and execute Joint Business Plans that deliver on both ZURU’s and Target’s needs.
- Drive ZURU’s strategy through Target advocacy and ability to influence internally: leverage insights to drive ZURU’s direction – ensuring Target and their consumers are at the heart of all account decision making, maximizing our ability to win.
- Execute with excellence: maximize availability, visibility and awareness of ZURU brands in-store and online via best in class delivery of distribution, feature, display and marketing activation across our biggest bets.
- Be a captain of culture for ZURU: ensure as ZURU rapidly grows we maintain the magic, entrepreneurial culture that enables us to challenge the status quo and win together – whilst always ensuring we put people first.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Focus on building strategic relationships with Target across all toys buying teams, ensuring our Platform Brands and Big Bet items are maximized every season.
- Ensure ZURU is capturing or over-indexing its Share of Shelf vs competitors.
- Work closely with commercial, sales ops and marketing teams to craft pitches to grow listings and drive growth.
- Work and deliver results while working as part of a cross-functional team across different time zones.
- Complete ownership of the account P&L, responsible for driving sales, optimizing trade investment and maximizing product mix to achieve financial goals.
- Devise Target strategy and influence cross-functional adoption to secure the tools, products and support you need to drive your business & win in.
- Ownership of Target toy team relationship with responsibility of building long term alignment to enable delivery of mutually aligned strategic & financial goals.
- Lead cross-functional business teams to drive over achievement against Target sales performance, P&L and supply metrics.
- Constantly add value by developing and improving commercial processes to improve performance and drive efficiencies.
- Foster a team culture that supports achievement of record breaking market disruption and rapid growth whilst resolving business issues, building relationships and influencing broader capability development.
- 7+ years professional experience
- Target experience preferred but not required
- Toy Industry experience preferred but not required
- Strong commercial & business acumen, strategic thinking and problem-solving.
- Must demonstrate leadership ability and be able to influence and motivate cross-functional teams, while holding stakeholders accountable to deliver on business objectives.
- Strong communication & influencing skills, with the ability to translate messages across a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Please note: this is a full-time position based onsite in our Minneapolis office
- Please note: US work permit required
ZURU is one of the fastest-growing and most disruptive companies in the world. A Kiwi grassroots start-up turned global, founded in 2003 by New Zealand EY Entrepreneur of the Year and World Entrepreneur Hall of Fame brothers Nick and Mat Mowbray after they left high school. ZURU has quickly grown to over 5000 + team members in over 30 locations. The company started in toys and quickly became one of the largest in the world, competing with comparatively historic household names by disrupting through automation and innovation. Award-winning brands include Bunch O Balloons, Mini Brands, XSHOT, Rainbocorns and Smashers.
The company’s success is driven by the complete embodiment of the ZURU DNA, the very values that ZURU was founded on. These principles have pioneered an A-player team that is committed to winning through a continuous improvement mindset.
Don’t just take our word for it - to see behind the scenes of ZURU check out life@zuru on Instagram or ZURU.com