Marketing Manager - Pet
New Zealand, Auckland /
ZURU Edge – Marketing /
ZURU is on a mission to disrupt across industries, to challenge the status quo and catalyst change through radical innovation advances. This is in play in different pillars of the company: ZURU Toys are re-imagining what it means to play; ZURU Tech are shaping a better future by leading the next building revolution; ZURU Edge is pioneering new generation FMCG brands to better serve modern consumers.
Founded in 2003 by EY Entrepreneur of the Year and World Entrepreneur Hall of Fame brothers Nick and Mat Mowbray, ZURU has quickly grown to a team of over 5000 members across 30 international locations.
Now one of the largest toy companies in the world, globally recognised and award-winning brands include Bunch O Balloons, Mini Brands, XSHOT, Rainbocorns and Smashers. Our global FMCG brands include MONDAY Haircare, Rascal + Friends, NOOD, BONKERS and Dose & Co.
Much of ZURU’s success can be attributed to expertly analysing data and trends to identify product/brand white space, and commercializing those opportunities quickly and at scale. This placed ZURU perfectly to enter Petcare. Rhodes Pet Science was born.
In 2018 our first brand, NOOD was launched. NOOD is now sold in 15 international markets. In 2022 our second brand, BONKERS was launched, Bonkers is ranged in major mass channel retailers in the United States, the UK and Europe. HY2 sees both BONKERS and NOOD continue to scale globally – we are seeking a world-class Marketing Manager, an expert in brand and digital marketing, to drive forward our Brand, Demand-gen and NPD launch strategies.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- You will hold a deep understanding of the commercial strategies and the role of marketing performance in fuelling revenue growth. You will be the driver behind the brand.
- You will lead and build out best-in-class marketing strategies: owning, planning and executing end-to-end the campaign process across a broad channel mix (ATL, Digital, Social, Trade, PR and Influencers). This includes new global market launches and NPD launches.
- You will develop and execute strategies in existing markets to improve brand awareness metrics and drive qualified traffic to retailers.
- You will develop and manage relationships with retailers to deliver localised marketing initiatives including campaign implementation, in-store execution, and targeted retail promotional calendar activity.
- You will partner in a deeply collaborative way with media and performance marketing to deliver on each brand’s media objectives: relentlessly tracking and optimizing all executed marketing activity to improve the ROI of brand building and customer acquisition investment.
- You will forecast, manage and hold accountability of the marketing spend and provide timely communication to senior stakeholders on the performance and ROI of marketing investment.
- You will be a team leader, with demonstrable leadership and pastoral skills.
- You will be expert level in leading a wide and cross-functional team and will be confident in pulling together teams to implement key business initiatives.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Minimum of at least 5 years’ FMCG experience in marketing, advertising or brand development, ideally in a global role.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Experienced brand leader with conviction in the power of commercial creativity.
- Digitally driven, and experienced in data-orientated environments.
- Knowledge, understanding and experience in developing marketing strategies and initiatives for allocated retail portfolios to deliver partner objectives and business performance
- Strong results focus, you will be high energy, have strong attention to detail and are motived by brilliant creative work.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Expert-level stakeholder management.
At ZURU, we have cultivated a high-performing culture that encourages excellence. Our team works towards ambitious goals, learning, performing, and improving together, all while having fun. We empower talented individuals to do their best work every day.
At ZURU, you get out what you put in. You are responsible for driving your own career and we provide the platform to achieve it. As ZURU is on such a fast growth trajectory, there are opportunities here that you won’t find anywhere else.
We recognise that ZURU’s success stems from our people and you can only be at your best when you are looking after yourself. ZURU encourages all our team members to invest in their wellbeing by providing an array of benefits and tools.
WHAT WE OFFER
🌱 Culture for Growth
🧘 Health & Well Being Benefits (including an onsite 24/7 gym)
🌎 Global Opportunities
💡 Surrounded by an A Player Team
💰 Competitive Remuneration
🐶 Furry Office Friends
🍓 Lots of fresh fruit, coffee, pals fridge and more
ZURU – Tomorrow Reimagined 🚀