New Zealand, Auckland
ZURU Edge – Design /
👶 Elevate Your Design Career 🚀 - Make a Lasting Impact in the World of Baby Products
ZURU is on a mission to disrupt across industries, challenge the status quo and catalyst change through radical innovation and automation advances. This is in play in different pillars of the company: ZURU Toys are re-imagining what it means to play; ZURU Tech is shaping a better future by leading the next building revolution; ZURU Edge is pioneering new generation FMCG brands to better serve modern consumers.
Founded in 2003 by EY Entrepreneur of the Year and World Entrepreneur Hall of Fame brothers Nick and Mat Mowbray, ZURU has quickly grown to a team of over 5000 direct and indirect members across more than 30 international locations.
One of the largest toy companies in the world, globally recognised and award-winning brands include Bunch O Balloons, Mini Brands, XSHOT, Rainbocorns and Smashers. Our global FMCG brands include MONDAY Haircare, Rascal + Friends, NOOD, BONKERS, Gumi Yum Surprise and Dose & Co.
As our designer, you will join our Baby Vertical team on a fixed-term (3, 6, or 9-month contract) to lead design across digital, motion, and branding.
How you will make an impact
Assist in the roll-out of branding projects, ensuring design consistency and continuity
Mentor and oversee junior members – packaging, motion, general design skills
Make a significant contribution to overall team productivity eg:
- Working quickly and efficiently to execute your allocated design briefs to a high standard, on time
- Always communicate if you think there is a better way to do something (creatively or process-wise
What you will be doing:
- Develop packaging designs in conjunction with our NPD team in NZ
- Conceptualise and design creative solutions for offline collateral e.g. influencer boxes, POS, stands/booths for retailers and events
- Create digital assets eg social tiles, Instagram stories, animations, videos
- Create eDMs, presentations, website modules in Figma
- Create illustrations in the brand style for online assets, packaging, icons and tiles
- Create packaging renders and mockups
- Colour correction of images and video
- Assisting with art direction for content photoshoots
- Management of Adobe Assets Library
Your skills & experiences:
- 5-6 years of proven experience as a graphic designer with a focus on branding
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, experience in After Effects is a bonus
- A good understanding of print production processes
- Mentor and guide junior members of the team
At ZURU, we have cultivated a high-performing culture that encourages excellence. Our team works towards ambitious goals, learning, performing, and improving together, all while having fun. We empower talented individuals to do their best work every day.
At ZURU, you get out what you put in. You are responsible for driving your own career and we provide the platform to achieve it. As ZURU is on such a fast growth trajectory, there are opportunities here that you won’t find anywhere else.
We recognise that ZURU’s success stems from our people and you can only be at your best when you are looking after yourself. ZURU encourages all our team members to invest in their wellbeing by providing an array of benefits and tools.
WHAT WE OFFER
🌱 Culture for Growth
🧘 Health & Well Being Benefits (including an onsite 24/7 gym)
🌎 Global Opportunities
💡 Surrounded by an A Player Team
💰 Competitive Remuneration
🐶 Furry Office Friends
🍓 Lots of fresh fruit, coffee, pals fridge and more
ZURU – Tomorrow Reimagined