Open Source Software (OSS) Security Engineer
Italy, Modena /
ZURU Tech – Tech /
Zuru, a leading software company specializing in real-time Building Information Modeling (BIM) software, is seeking an experienced Open Source Software (OSS) Security Engineer to enhance our security posture. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of various security domains, experience with Python and C++, and knowledge of Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) principles.
- Develop, implement, and monitor security measures for the protection of our BIM software and infrastructure.
- Conduct comprehensive security reviews of our software, identifying vulnerabilities and suggesting mitigations.
- Respond to and investigate security incidents, developing remediation plans and coordinating response activities.
- Conduct malware analysis and intrusion detection.
- Analyze software designs and implementations from a security perspective, and identify and resolve security issues.
- Ensure that Zuru's software and infrastructure meet all industry standards and legal requirements for security and privacy.
- Create, maintain and deliver training materials for the team on security awareness and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Solid experience as a Security Engineer with deep understanding of security domains such as intrusion detection, incident response, malware analysis, application security.
- Proficiency in Python and C++.
- Demonstrated experience in cloud security principles and best practices.
- Deep understanding of mobile & web application security threats, exploits, and prevention.
- Practical knowledge of applied cryptography and common attacks against modern cryptographic algorithms (encryption at rest, TLS, hashing, etc.)
- Proficiency in networking concepts (firewalls, load balancers, etc.)
- Basic understanding of Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) principles is a plus.
- Strong understanding of BIM software would be highly advantageous.
- Certifications such as CISSP, CEH, or GSEC are a plus.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
€35,000 - €50,000 a year
Flex Time: every day you have the freedom to decide how many hours to work (maximum 40h/week). We have a Core Time from 10:00 to 12:00 am, the rest of the day is up to you!
Hybrid Work from Home Policy
Gym in our Modena office
Fresh fruits, coffee, drinks...and a lot of parties!
A lot more! Come and discover us!
PLACE OF WORK: MODENA
The research is addressed to both sexes (Legislative Decree No. 198/2006) and to people of all ages and all nationalities, pursuant to legislative decrees 215/03 and 216/03. Candidates interested and in possession of the requirements are invited to send their curriculum vitae, including the authorization to process personal data, pursuant to Legislative Decree 196/03 and to the art. 13 GDPR 679/16.