Country Manager, India
India, Remote /
ZURU Toys – Sales /
Inspired by kids and imaginative play, ZURU is one of the fastest growing toy companies in the world that is known for it's agility, creativity and new-age manufacturing techniques.
ZURU is currently looking for a Country Manager in India to support growing existing engagement with key retailers and develop new distribution partnership across the country. The Country Manager will also work closely with our Factory manager during the initial setup days, providing key inputs from market and customer.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join ZURU team while we replicate our success story from other markets in India. The Country Manager will be our strategic sales leader collaborating with wider international teams from China to New Zealand.
The duties and responsibilities of Country Manager would include
1) Country Business Management
- Spearhead the growth of Zuru in India. Build business plan and develop the sales network across the country.
- Implement and localize the Global business and brand strategies at a local level
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for India, projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Own budgets and reach/exceed annual sales targets whilst maintaining margin integrity.
- Tailor Global sales decks into best in class for local retailers, Pitch analytical presentations to customers, including product demonstrations, sales data information and outline brand marketing and category strategies
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal marketing team and commercial team to maximise all opportunities
- Provide regular reports and analysis on KPIs, pipeline development and product performance within France
- Provide market highlight and lowlight feedback to Commercial lead team in NZ and senior management on a monthly basis
- Conduct regular local store checks to allow meaningful analysis of price strategy and line architecture of our own and our competitors ranges
2) Account Management
- Negotiate with customers on pricing, packing, cargo ready date and minimum order quantities for each product line
- Follow up and secure PO plus TT/LC, all shipping information i.e. markings, forwarder, all testing requirements etc.
- Keep customers updated with samples, marketing material when available and provide customers with any spec changes on relevant products.
- Work with partners and ZURU’s internal marketing team to implement marketing initiatives for key store strategy online and offline, including digital and physical market runs and following up on the corrective actions
- Establish and adjust selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Identify strong local partners to develop new retail and distribution channels.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with both retail and distributors in the territory.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders regularly to keep up to date on NPD schedule, marketing objectives and branding alignment for the company.
- Attend & participate in major International Trade Fairs when needed.
3) Sales Operations & Administration
- Build a price list for each season to deliver maximum profit and cover all logistics and marketing costs per line
- Carry out monthly stock checks with General Manager and logistics team to ensure product is selling well and warehouse timing per line is minimal
- Ensure all order details are entered and tracked seamlessly by China Merchandising team
- Organize any deliveries for any samples sent out for your clients when needed.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Business or related discipline is preferred.
- 10+ years sales experience, with outstanding sales performance
- Relentless can do attitude and solution focused mindset
- Proven track record in effective leadership
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Previous Toy industry experience is essential, with CRM experience.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills that could drive business effectively.
- Excellent presentation & interpersonal skills, problem solver with a "can-do" attitude
- Excellent leadership, organisational & communication skills
- Good analytical skill, attention to details and good with numbers
- Proficiency in MS Office especially in PPT and Excel
- Willing to join a fast-paced and growing company international company